? 9/18 Henri; PMPS 285, +1 350, +2 338, +3 334, +4 281 wondering why her numbers have gone up

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Katie_Waz, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Katie_Waz

Katie_Waz Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/9-17-henri-pmps-206-267-2-255.235444/

I am going to be working in the latter part of the day so it will be up to my husband to keep and eye on our Henri girl. I am just starting the thread just in case we get ourselves into a situation although I really am starting to feel more comfortable shooting the lower numbers (for me that's green and blue still lol) since I shot a 70 something number a few days ago.
    My Henri stayed in the blues most of yesterday with just a couple yellows. Todays AMPS was lower than yesterday so fingers crossed we gave a blue/green day!

tiffmaxee likes this.
  2. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Hi Katie - so glad you are doing a new condo each day. Personally I can barely keep the dates straight these days :p - mind updating your title to be 9/18?

Paws crossed for safe surfing in blues and greens :D:cool:

Katie_Waz likes this.
  3. Katie_Waz

Katie_Waz Member

whoops! I've been writing the wrong date all day! lol Thanks for the catch!

JaxBenji likes this.
  4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

You are doing a great job with Henri. Data definitely brings confidence. :):bighug:

Katie_Waz likes this.
  5. Katie_Waz

Katie_Waz Member

thanks! She's back in the pinks though...not sure why :( could she still have had some of the higher dose of insulin in her system for a few cycles and as it wears off her numbers get higher again?

6. tiffmaxee

He might be bouncing from the 96 last night.

JOJI and Kit and Katie_Waz like this.
  7. Katie_Waz

Katie_Waz Member

even though she has been in blue for a couple cycles? I would think if she was going to bounce it would've been the day she got into the 40's :/ I thought we had avoided a bounce and that she had been doing so well! I decided I'm going to give her 6 small meals a day and try to exercise more to see if that helps too.
    It seems like .75 is too low of a dose and 1 unit is too high :/
    Is there a way to dose just a little less than 1 unit? lol

I'm just a little bummed. Hopefully having those low numbers for a couple days helped to heal her pancreas a little. I was really hoping she would stay out of those pinks :(

8. tiffmaxee

It’s all part of the dance. It’s normal to let your emotions go up when they are low and down when high but try to look at the big picture. Overall she’s come a long way in a short time. For most it’s a marathon. Look at the positives and one of those is you get to sleep. Lack of sleep plays with your emotions too. :bighug:

Katie_Waz likes this.
  9. Katie_Waz

Katie_Waz Member

Thats true. Im not sure im a fan of dancing anymore lol but you're right...and im in it for the long haul. I guess i didn't expect vher to go all the way up to pink...im worried tomorrow will be worse :-/ but ill take this opportunity to rest, recharge and learn more. Ive been wanting to read through other peoples threads but have been too exhausted. Maybe I can do that and all the laundry that's been piling up lol

tiffmaxee likes this.
  10. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

The depot of the higher dose influences 4-6 cycles after a reduction. So that green you saw last night was all 0.75 units, not influenced by the larger dose/depot. Think of the temporary higher numbers as your excuse to go to sleep early. Take the chance while you can.

Katie_Waz likes this.
  11. Katie_Waz

Katie_Waz Member

Thanks! I'm trying...of course when I CAN sleep I apparently can't. Must be my OCD kicking in. I did nap in the evening for a few ours and my husband took her BG but since I couldn't sleep all night again I took it (while she snored away) I decided to take some data to see when her low will be. Sometimes it seems like her nadir is around 4 and other times its al the way at 8. I'll lay off her during the day tomorrow. She doesn't like the poking as much during the day when she's awake...it's disturbs her routine if she has to stop what she's doing lol

What are the most important + numbers to test? aside from the Pre-shot numbers