9/18 Kitty Cat AMPS 205, +4 179, +11 57, PMPS 105, +2 178

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Christina & Kitty Cat, Sep 19, 2021.

1. Christina & Kitty Cat

Christina & Kitty Cat Member

previous post
    Kitty Cat got a reduction! He actually earned it yesterday with that 63->55 after food but I forgot to change the caliper for his PM shot so I decreased this morning a quarter unit. (see 9/3, 9/7 9/17 for 3x before reduction) Nadirs have been green the last few days so I'm feeling good about getting him back on track after I went away on those 2 trips. Hope everyone is doing well and having a good weekend. :D

2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Christina, are you using a pet meter? Wondering how he earned a reduction?

For long term diabetics it's a drop below 40 (on a human meter) or for cats that don't hold reductions, 3 drops between 40 and 50 on 3 separate days.

3. Christina & Kitty Cat

I'm using a relion. Oh no, did I get this wrong? I did not catch him below 50 on 9/7 and 9/17 so yes, I am assuming. Here's the timeline for more context. Please help me understand better!! <3

He went below 50 on 9/3 but I was hesitant about reducing. @tiffmaxee let me know since this was now the 1 year mark of giving insulin it would be better to hold.
    9/3 thread: https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/9-3-kitty-cat-amps-118-3-114-10-48-50-11-69-pmps-95.252432/

Then on 9/8 he was dropping fast even 1 hr after food but I was away on a trip. Brother gave him MC and honey since it was really late at night and needed to sleep.
    Brother reduce to a skinny 1.75u for precaution since I was away. @JaxBenji was saying maybe a 0.25u decrease would be better. So I told my brother to go down to 1.5u but he forgot to change the caliper so he still got skinny 1.75u.
    When I got back I changed back to full 1.75u.
    9/7 thread: https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/thr...8-232-pmps-169-2-96-3-57-3-5-61-4-121.252631/

9/17 he was dropping 1 hr after food but I was rushing to leave the house so I just gave him some MC before I left.

JaxBenji likes this.
  4. Christina & Kitty Cat

@Bandit's Mom not sure if I'm asking this correctly but I have a question about the depot. This is the 3rd cycle since reducing and he's at 54 right now. About how long is it before previous dose is no longer affecting him? I don't want to assume the reduction is warranted just because he's in low 50s today if he's still being affected by the higher dose. from before 3 cycles ago.

5. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Hi Christina. The previous dose can effect 4 cycles generally. I’m going to look at your ss. Be back.

You did take a premature reduction but so far it’s sticking.

6. Christina & Kitty Cat

Thanks Elise! Okay I will make a new post tomorrow to see where he's at.

tiffmaxee likes this.