9/18 Kitty Cat PM+10 83, AMPS 92, +1 124, +2 81, +3 95, first time in range

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Christina & Kitty Cat, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Christina & Kitty Cat

Christina & Kitty Cat Member

7.5lbs or just under. I remember you saying the dose was smaller than usual. I called about getting a refill but they said no and that if he's still nauseous after this bottle (have 8 doses left) then he needs to come in to be looked at.

2. Christina & Kitty Cat

+6 154
    Will give 1tsp LC with ondansetron and some water mixed in. still haven't been able to get a ketone test since this morning but it was pee from sometime during the night

JaxBenji likes this.
  3. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Looks like he's on the way up. I'd grab at least a +10 in case he dips back down like he did the other day. You can grab a +8 if you want to fill in a gap for the afternoon.

For the +10, you can give a small snack if his numbers are trending down before PMPS.

Good job :bighug:

Christina & Kitty Cat likes this.
  4. Christina & Kitty Cat

yayyyy!!!:bighug::bighug::bighug:
    I also got a caliper today so his PM 0.5u will be more accurate. half unit syringes will come in soon.

JaxBenji likes this.
  5. JaxBenji

I am about to be on dinner duty for my fam but I’ll check my notifications if you need anything! And don’t hesitate to use the ? again to get help :)

6. Christina & Kitty Cat

Ideal plan assuming nothing crazy happens and he stays upper green-blue:
    AM+8 hold food *~data collection for future reference*~
    AM+10 if going down, 1tsp LC; if going up, hold food
    PMPS soupy 1.5 can LC + 4mg famotidine
    shoot 0.5u
    PM+2 1-2tsp LC + 1mg ondansetron
    Sleep and be thankful for this uneventful but learning packed day

Critter Mom and tiffmaxee like this.
  7. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I’m checking back in and you are doing a purrfect job ladies. I think you will be able to concentrate on those emails soon if you feel so inclined.

8. JaxBenji

Looks like a good plan :) if he needs a snack at +10, you can refer back to what we did today and make the judgement from there.

And I'm not sure if you are happy with your shot time or not but you can move it up by 15 minute increments every cycle OR 30 minutes every other cycle (i.e. don't move your shot time more than 30 minutes in 24 hours).

9. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

I missed this tag, sorry. I am not getting notified of tags at all, lately, and I'm not sure why. I'll have to look into it.

10. Christina & Kitty Cat

The 1.25 hr delay from the other day I think actually worked in our favor. It pushed his AM dose after the vet's opening hours in case of emergency and FDMB is a little more active in case I need help like today.
    Definitely noted for the future though if I decide to move it back up. Currently unemployed which is why I'm home and able to monitor at anytime, but that will eventually have to change.

tiffmaxee, Critter Mom and JaxBenji like this.
  11. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

If going down at +10 and still over 150, which I expect you will be, you don’t need to feed. There is a phenomenon called a Lantus double dip, where some cats do a small dip at the end of the cycle, but not as low as the main part of the cycle. Perfectly normal and fine to shoot.

12. Christina & Kitty Cat

+8 is 143 so already below 150
    he's quite hangry now so getting his +10 is going to be a challenge for me. sighh.
    would you still say to hold food until PM shot?

13. Wendy&Neko

No food needed. 154 and 143 are within meter variance. I found a zero carb snack around +8 or +9 helped the hungry beast, without boosting the numbers,

14. Christina & Kitty Cat

Great, I just got a new shipment of purebites!

15. Christina & Kitty Cat

WHOOPS I accidentally ordered shrimp instead of chicken. And I'm worried about stomach sensitivity with seafood so trying to stick to chicken.
    Any suggestions for other no carb treats? I like purebites but I noticed half the bag was basically dust. Looked at some reviews online and people are saying they got dust bags or it was rancid.

16. tiffmaxee

Life Essentials is a good brand and not dust. I have purchased chicken before. You can likely get it at a pet store locally. I just bought a bag of salmon the other day.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
  17. JaxBenji

I use Chicken purebites. Someone on here said to order the dog treat bag to save money (after all, it’s just chicken!). The pieces are bigger so I just break off a chunk when I need it. I ordered from chewy and haven’t had a problem with the pieces being dust.

18. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

Just popping in to tell you that you are awesome, Christina.

19. Christina & Kitty Cat

FEELING THE LOVE <3 <3 <3 we're all awesome!
    +8 143 hold food
    +10 143 hold food
    PMPS 155 dinner + famotidine
    shooting 0.5u

20. JaxBenji

Just stopping by before I attempt some sleep (shush don't tell jax...i have one more test to grab on him) and what a great cycle :bighug:

21. Christina & Kitty Cat

WOW okay everything happened so fast. I ran out of treats for the last 2 tests and he was HANGRYYYY. For his PMPS test, I accidentally hit a vein but it wouldn't stop bleeding after several minutes and pressure so I was just freaking out trying to get it to stop spraying. Gave food, always have a hard time getting him to take famotidine. I guess it has a weird taste? Stopping him after a soupy 1 can FF so I can give him another soupy half with ondansetron at PM+2 before I go to sleep. Shot 0.5u.

WHAT A DAY

Thank you everyone for the help. I'm so relieved today was as uneventful as it was and I learned so much about shooting green and snacking with higher carbs.

JaxBenji likes this.
  22. Christina & Kitty Cat

Wow susanne you had a longgg yesterday. I hope you get a good rest tonight <3 :bighug:

JaxBenji likes this.
  23. JaxBenji

Ha thanks! Jax has decided to let me sleep tonight! hurray! Have a wonderful night!

24. tiffmaxee

Nice PMPS. Update your ss when you can.

25. Christina & Kitty Cat

1hr until I get the PM+2
    Planning to give soupy 2tsp to a half can LC with ondansetron, really as much as he'll eat without effort on my end. He didn't eat as much as usual today since we were concerned about him filling up too quickly. But he is underweight so I want him to eat when he can. Also doesn't drink water on his own hence the soupy main meals.
    I think this will also let me rest easy tonight since it's his first full day of greens and blues...

tiffmaxee likes this.
  26. tiffmaxee

He’s come a long way and so gave you.

27. Wendy&Neko

Yes! Some of us use gelcaps and put the foul tasting meds in there if you can't get them to eat them in pill pockets or other disguise. A size 3, 4, or 5 gelcap is good for a cat, the larger the number the smaller the gel cap. You can also buy meat flavoured ones for pets. :)

28. Wendy&Neko

Another thing you can do for treats is buy chicken breasts, and bake or boil them (or whatever meat he can eat). Slice into small treat size bits and freeze what you don't need right away.

29. Christina & Kitty Cat

PM+2 314
    Hm, I wasn't expecting it to be this high. Does this seem right?

Just fed a soupy half can LC with ondansetron

30. Wendy&Neko

Yes, seems right to me. A couple reasons why. First, he's not used to those lovely greens he saw this morning and is bouncing. Two, you lowered the dose. Any luck on a ketones test yet?

31. Christina & Kitty Cat

Ahh, thank you for always explaining to me <3 so much learning today I'm so happy.

Ketone test NEGATIVE at AM+8 !!!

32. Wendy&Neko

WOOT on the ketones test. :joyful: And even better, you get to go to sleep early tonight!