9/18 Ruby AMPS 319/+6 192/+10 91/PMPS 90/+2 62/+4 72

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Katherine&Ruby, Sep 18, 2021.

1. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...-215-3-207-7-159-9-195-pmps-256-3-277.253081/

I got home a little while ago. A very long day for this cat mama! DBF brought the cats to the vet to be boarded, and because Ruby was sick neither of them got vaccinated but they took them anyway. The $%^&^(! exterminators never showed up! :banghead::banghead::banghead: We were livid today from waiting for them and there was no explanation why they never came. However, we have been religiously vacuuming the house and washing everything and I came home tonight and nothing has bitten me.

While they were boarded the vet took a look at Ruby for her URI. They gave us 62.5 mg of Clavamox to give her twice a day, and Terramycin ointment to apply to her eye. The vet applied some ointment to her eye and when I came home tonight the eye was open but still a little red. The Clavamox is easy as it's a pill and she takes to that without a problem, but I've never applied eye ointment before. I watched a Youtube video and hopefully will be able to do it tomorrow morning without scratching poor Ruby's eye.

I have flea traps set up around the apartment so will know if more fleas are around. Thankfully I will have the full attention of her oncologist on Wednesday to ask all of the questions I need answered.

This past week has been really really stressful. Between work, the fleas, getting sick, and a whole host of craziness that I can't even get into here, I am thrilled my week has come to an end. :eek:

2. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Katherine ,Those mother %&#$ never showed up , unbelievable
    At least Ruby was seen and given meds . I hope she feels better deal soon
    How's Olive feeling?
    I'm glad no bites on you tonight. Good idea setting up the flea traps, maybe you won't need an exterminator after all
    I see she came down to nice greens tonight and pooped
    How's she eating
    I am sure you'll be able to apply the ointment to Ruby's eye without scratching it
    I had to do it to one of my other cats years ago.
    Well you must be exhausted so I hope you , Frank and the kitties can get a good nights sleep. Will check on you all tomorrow :bighug::bighug::cat:

Katherine&Ruby likes this.
  3. Katherine&Ruby

Katherine&Ruby Well-Known Member

DBF called the company and gave them a real what for. I don't understand businesses that are set up in a way that does not take any interest in the time spent by their customers just WAITING. I've had doctors and dentists leave me waiting for hours. Why bother with appointments? I am sending Orkin my vet boarding bill and demanding they pay me for the time and money we wasted doing that. Ruby needed to see the vet anyway, but there was no need for her and Olive to be boarded.

Both kitties were very hungry when they got home. Olive is her usual boisterous self. Ruby is sidling up to me for cuddles and belly rubs a lot but she seems to be feeling a lot better, more active, less lying around listlessly like she was yesterday. The ointment the vet applied this afternoon seemed to help a lot. Hope the Clavamox kicks in soon and she improves.

Thanks for visiting us at this late hour, Diane, and for looking out for me and Ruby. Hope you and Ashley and your Dad are great (not to mention that stinker Tyler ;):):cat:). :bighug::bighug::bighug:

4. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

I'm glad you're sending them the bill and they better pay it, give them hell!
    I hear ya about waiting for doctors for hours, it pisses me off, one time I said to one receptionist why do you even give out times for appts ! How can a few people gave an appt 15 minutes apart. Greedy doctors .
    I always try and ask for the first appt with certain doctors I go to ,if not I know/I'll be waiting.
    I'm so happy to hear Olive is talking up a storm and Ruby wants to cuddle and feeling much better. I hope the clavamox kicks in soon too
    Just fed the stinker :p He just uses me for food :p
    Talk to you tomorrow give both kitties kisses for me :bighug::cat:

5. Our Dolly Girl (GA)

Our Dolly Girl (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Katherine, hope you are peacefully, if that’s possible, sleeping. I am so happy for you that this week is over and maybe you can reboot tomorrow and things starts moving in a less stressful direction. Maybe you can even look back and find something to laugh about, I know, probably not. :rolleyes: The fleas alone would have pushed me off the cliff :p. Hope Ruby starts to feel better quickly with the antibiotics. Dolly has learned a death prayer for fleas and sent them your way. :woot::woot: Have a good Sunday, all of you. Big hugs to all. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Ruby is doing better. I hope the meds keep helping and she gets over this quicky. I can't believe the exterminator never showed up or called. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

7. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

I am so happy about no vaccines at this time and glad Ruby now has Clavamox (hope she won’t have any GI problems on it - some do some don’t). Has she ever been on Clav before?

Can’t believe the flippin’ exterminators!!! Maybe you won’t need them after all!