9/18 Weenend/Month Condo: Ever so busy... Fall is coming... and Happy September L&LL!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Michelle and Mannie (GA), Sep 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Happy Sunday everyone! I swore to myself this morning that I would get a condo up today, for sure! :confused::eek::joyful: Here's hoping I don't get sidetracked or ambushed by other things... :confused::eek: I hope everyone is doing well, vines to those who need them, and off we go into Fall. Our transition here has begun too. I miss summer and all of our adventures, but am also so looking forward to Fall, and the new ones that await us. So many wonderful changes wait us!

Google photo update: just as an FYI... I am doing photo uploads a little bit different now, as I found that by letting Google+ do the upload it would include the videos. So.... if you are interested, within the photo links, once they are opened, look for the still shot with a small arrow in the upper right corner, indicating video. Click on that, and the video will play. Almost all of the photo links have a video, or two, or three.... :rolleyes::smuggrin: I hope you enjoy them.

[​IMG]
    Hiking rules!, just ask this kitty.....

Rest assured that our resident L&LL Kitteh barista, Vanessa, has been on the job every morning. There sure are alot of apples, and pumpkins, and caramel squares going into her kitchen, something to do with apple and caramel infused mochas, and pumpkin spice lattes. :smuggrin: The :coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee: MUST be delivered she says. :cool: Paw Prints Pizza is busy doing their thing too, lots of pies needed for OTJ parties. Between apples and pumpkins and caramel, and catnip pizza crust, and the mochas and all that pizza, the house sure smells good! Vanessa just handed me her blog entry for today, so here goes....
    "LL! It's is I, Vanessa, president and CEO of The Coffee Cat! Life is GOOD! Bug and Lola, Co-CEO's of Paw Prints Pizza are open, and ready for business! They are running a Weekend End of Summer Special: BBQ Pizzas! It is still officially summer after all..... Lots of kitteh treats in them pies, tuna, chicken and shrimps! All on their signature catnip crust. It is mega good. They also have a dessert berry pie, lots of whip cream to holds it all together. So.... order early, and party hearty! I have been very busy this weekend too! My special for today is a coffee infused 4 berry and watermelon frappe. It is mega good, I swear! So..... Coffee time! :coffee::coffee::coffee: For today, I proudly offer Vanessa's special 10 hour energy coffee, and triple shot espressos, with beans from Starbucks Pike Place Market, their original blend, AND.... for all my Mocha fans: : a Venti quad dutch apple infused white mocha, with caramel whip, garnished with caramelized apple clusters, white chocolate shavings and a caramel drizzle...... SWEET! OH! No worries, a dollop of apple and vanilla and chocolate and caramel swirl ice cream, on top of a dollop of fudge, sprinkled with crystallized apple bits and a chocolate caramel drizzle......SWEET! Vanessa's bakery is all stocked for today too: baguettes and croissants and donut holes, including my signature berry jams. I have a new one: watermelon! They too is mega goods. I made them myself! :cat:"

[​IMG]

Vanessa, Lola, and Bug are well. There really is not much new with them. The days have been warm, so most of the time they are napping, as close to an open window as they can get. It was a rainy Caturday yesterday, an good excuse for more napping! I am still working on Lola's catio.... sadly not much progress. It too has fallen by the wayside, as did the prior weeks weeks condo. My son Matt has been by, and was able to take Lola out for a very short outdoor visit. She was elated! One of his days her she did escape, and he let her stay out, under a watchful eye. Last Caturday I had gone off to get coffee, and off to the store after that. When I can home, there was Lola, rolling in the dirt in the front yard. :eek::eek::eek::eek: I have no clue how long she had been out there, never did see her escape. I must find her cloak of invisibility! She was one happy kitteh. WOW, maybe someone is running a fall special on catios... part of what is holding me back is the cost involved to get her what I want to build. Mega $$$$. :blackeye::confused::eek::eek: Vanessa continues to bring me kitty toys to play with and share, day an night. I continue to wake up to see that Vanessa had brought me nanners, always setting them all next to my head on my pillow. I opened my eyes to see nothing but those nanners. :woot::joyful: Thank you Vanessa!! :cool: Since Fall is upon us, and the days and evenings have been cooler, Vanessa has taken to being my evening lap kitty, curled up there, purring away. She and Bug "duke it out" to see who gets the lap first. Usually it is Vanessa, and Bug really prefers my feet. :smuggrin::smuggrin: Bug continues to be my laid back mellow kitty. Nothing ever seems to phase him. ;) He is so affectionate, comes by all the time to snuggle, purr and dish but a few head butts. He is my Mannie-clone, in so many ways. It has been a good week for Lola, Bug and Vanessa. Normalcy rules in Three MusketeerVille! :cat::cat::cat:
    P1110074.JPG
    Sunshine RULES! Bug, Lola and Vanessa

DH update: it has been sometime since I have posted anything on DH, his battle with cancer, etc. As of his last appt, there was no evidence of cancer, seems the chemo and the surgery took care of it. Excellent news, He will be back in the oncologist office next month on 10/22 for another scan to be sure that continues to be the case, and we can say cancer-free with more confidence! His recovery from the surgery ordeal, and the chemo, really took a toll, and his recovery has been very slow. He is up and about, but still tires very easily. He continues to walk daily, soon hopes to take some extended walks. He continues to see his PCP monthly, to monitor recurring anemia, pulmonary function, neurology issues, and cardio things as well. Appts there have gone well. So.... We keep on truckin'!

Nicholas and William Update: This fall Nicholas started Kindergarten. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: OMG!, and where has time gone! So far he really loves kindergarten, is excited to go to school everyday. He is in an all day Kindergarten, and has handled the transition to all day school five days a week extremely well. In addition to basic Kindergarten curriculum, his school also focuses on the technology (he has computer labs twice a week), music classes twice a week, Spanish class once a week (Hola! he says! :joyful:), art and PE. He is having the best of times! his favorite so far, probably a duh (!!) is the three (yes three) recesses! :woot::joyful::smuggrin::smuggrin: This Fall William has started preschool. OMG again, and where has time gone! He goes on Tuesday and Thursday, for three hours each day. He is also so excited to be in school, as he says: "just like Nicky!" He is doing well there, no separation anxiety, and literally runs to class once he is at the front door. :cool: It is so odd for me to have both boys in school. I now have those TH morning hours free, and hope to fill it with some of my own pool times, focusing on river walks. It has been an adjustment having Nicholas in school all day, I really miss having him around. William does too, but he also at the same time really loves having Grammie, and our adventures, all to himself.

Our adventures continue, as much as this new school thing allows us to do. Mornings and afternoons have been filled with adventure. We have been over the course of the past month to the Pacific Science Center, The Seattle Aquarium and Waterfront Park, City Park and their spray park several times, Juanita Beach, Bothell Landing Park and the Samammish River, The Mesika Trail several times, The 132nd Street Park (a new one for us), the Meadowdale Play Park, and the Imagine Children's Museum. Before Nicholas started school we made every effort to get him to all his favorite places, as those visits will not be as frequent for him, reserved for half and off days at school. What I find admirable, and caring on Nicholas's part is that he is so happy that William can still go to them, even if he can't. WTG Nicholas!
    P1000817.JPG
    William and Nicholas: The last days of summer.... Juanita Beach

P1600361.JPG
    Nicholas & William: Spray Park, at City Park

P1600222.JPG
    Nicholas: Wall Climbing! , City Park

P1120008.JPG
    William: Sammamish River, Bothell landing park

P1600654.JPG
    William and Nicholas: 132nd Street Park

Nicholas and William are still swimming, and have started the fall scheduling for fall swim lessons this past week. William began swim lessons this past August, and just loves them. Energizer fishie #2 in training! . He is having such fun with it, is a bit timid with it all, but says he LOVES swim class. They are now in late afternoon classes, Mondays and Wednesday, with some free time after lessons to just have fun. Nicholas is ever the energizer fishie, and I hope somehow to find more pool time for him, as he really loves it all. One of the senior instructors approached me his first day of fall session, asked how hold he was, and when I told her just 5 1/2, she was amazed at how good he is being as young as he is. She made it a point to tell me about swim team.... ;) Well, we will see how this all pans out, and if Nicholas decides he wants to go on that path, mo-re power too him. I think he'd make an excellent swimmer. We continue to swim on Fridays nights at the Smohomish pool, for just pure fun. it is such a wonderful fun pool. Both boys love it there, view Friday night as a special treat. and of course we are still doing the post swim Friday Night Burger Feast! Duh.... ;):rolleyes::cool: Without a doubt SWIMMING RULES!!! As always, we are grateful for our time in the pool. It has all enabled to boys to explore another aspect of growing up, one they really enjoy. It has just become the norm for us, we go each week, and just never tire of it. It proves to be such fun for both boys, and their excitement with it all has not wavered.
    GO NICHOLAS! GO WILLIAM !! [​IMG][​IMG]

P1120669.JPG
    William : Energizer Fishie in Training :cool:, Snohomish Aquatic Center

P1120876.JPG
    Nicholas: Cruising the Blue Lagoon, Snohomish Aquatic Center

For my own time I continue to hike the local trails: Meadowdale, Picnic Point, Mesika, the neighborhood, Freeway Park in Seattle, and whatever else I can find close by. It is nice to have local options, a small mini out in the woods hikes! A few weeks ago I was able to take in a MT Rainier Hike: the Naches Peak Loop hike, and Dewey Lake, part of which is part of the PCT. That hike was outstanding. it is always such a thrill to be at Rainier, and do part of the PCT. This past week I managed to get back to the North Cascades, and hike the Ptarmigan Ridge Trail, as well as Artist Point. Ptarmigan Ridge is a hike I have wanted to do forever.... finally just went for it. It is high in the sky ridge hike, often snow covered, with only a month's window where most of it can be snow free. I was lucky enough to have that chance to hike it more or less snow free. I didn't do it to the base of MT Baker, due to time, but did get in 2/3 of the trail. OMG, that was outstanding!!! Please look for the videos within the photo link. Gorgeous! Artist Point is an easy 2 mile loop hike with such outstanding view of Mt Baker and Mt Shuskan. Love that little loop. I hope to get back to the North cascades within the next three weeks or so, before the snows return, and the road is closed. ARRGGHHH! SNOW???? I am so not ready for that.... What happened to summer? :p ;)

P1010391.JPG
    Ptarmigan Ridge Trail

P1010087.JPG
    Mt Rainier, Naches Peak Loop

Have a great Weekend everyone! It is rather low-key here... I spent Caturday catching on home duties, and managed a local walks, early in the day before today's RAIN wave hit. I did do a very short 2 miler in the woods mid afternoon. That was nice, love how it can be so peaceful in the woods. Have a great week everyone!

KITTIES!! Remember: BLUE, think GREEN :cat::cat::cat:

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) likes this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad the boys are doing well and adjusting to school. How nice that William is taking swim lessons now. Sending prayers for your DH to continue to improve. Nice that you got to hike the Ptarmigan Ridge Trail. I'm glad the kitties are doing well.

3. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

@carfurby Hi Carla! :coffee::coffee::coffee: THX on the boys. I am ever so gad that school is going well for them both, and that they enjoy their time there. YAY! William has taken to swim lessons very well. He wants to do what big brother does, and once in it, he found that he really likes his class. Another YAY! THX too on DH. I so hope he can regain alot of what he lost, mainly the energy and strength he had before this whole journey started. I think he can, but it will take some time, and work. THC too on that trail. what a treat that was. I love it, hope some day I can go back and complete it to the finish, which is one of the glaciers on Baker. A relief on the kitties! :):cool::cat:

4. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Yay for DH's news! It does take a long time for someone to recover from what he went through. LOLA!!!! You crazygirl! I can't believe Nicholas is in kindergarten o_Oo_Oo_O! I'm not looking at those snow pictures :stop::stop::stop::woot:!!

5. suki & crystal (GA)

suki & crystal (GA) Well-Known Member

Great report Michelle, I am especially glad to read that your DH is recovering well from his odeal, albeit slowly. Continued mega vines that his next scan shows he is 100% clear.

I love looking at your photos, you live in such a stunning part of the world. Enjoy your hikes before the snow arrives!

6. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Happy Caturday everyone! I hope your weekend is off to a great start. I hope to get a condo up today, but not too sure that is going to happen.... :rolleyes: Congrats to the new OTJ kitties. And many many vines to those kitties that are aren't 100% and need them ~ Be well kitties! It has been a busy week here, they all seem to be. :eek:;) Nicholas and William are still in the pool, a couple of times a week. Nicholas LOVES Kindergarten, William LOVES pre-school. We've visited many parks, as often as we can, been to the Science Center on Friday. It has been a good week. And... we have SUN this Caturday, time for me to get out in it some, and revitalize the expired fuel jets. :joyful:

@suki & crystal (GA) Hi Suki, and thanks for the visit! THX on DH. Slow is slow, but he is holding his own, and doing fairly well. Time will heal, and we keep on truckin'. One month to go til the next scan. Paws crossed it too is clear. Many thanks on the photos, life here in the PNW, it is a great place to live. Mountains and Rivers are so close, I am lucky in that regard. Will do on the hikes before winter snows start in. :eek::cool:

@Amy&TrixieCat Hi Amy - oh yes on the DH news. We are grateful that all is clear now, and paws are crossed that it stays that way. LOL on Lola.... she is just that. Maybe today I can get some calls into some people that build the kind of catio I know she needs. paws crossed there too! I know on Nicholas.... where has time gone. it seems so odd too to be taking William to pre-school too. Time just goes by so fast. :eek: HAHA on the snow pics. Can't say that I blame you! :joyful:

7. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Michelle,
    Those photos are simply fantastic, especially Ptarmigan Ridge. YES!!! The video panoramas are so vivid. What a hike that must have been, so close to the glaciers.
    I'm glad the boys had another good week at school and that both love it. Swimming is going swimmingly.

Your DH is doing so well in his recovery. It is good to take such things slowly and surely.

I hope you all had a good week this week. I'm a week behind! Things are very busy here. Thanks for visiting Rusty's condo.

Hugs and scritches,

Ella & Rusty

p.s. to Vanessa: coffee is great, as always.
    p.s. from Chef Rusty to Bug and Lola: lots more OTJ parties coming up, so keep those pizza ovens busy, guys!

8. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

@Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) hi Ella! Thx so much on the photos. It was such a wonderful experience to hike Ptarmigan Ridge. I hope to go back sometime abd do the last 3/4 mile I didn't have time to do. What I did do was so worth every "omg" experiences along the way. This past week I was up at Jacks Pass, near Stevens Pass. I hope to make another Mt Rainier hike tomorrow, and maybe up to Cutthroat Pass on Tuesday. Gotta get them in while the weather says yes. Snows will be returning there very soon. Thx too on the boys. School is going well for them both. They are learning, and having fun too. Pool is still good, Yay! Thx too on DH iT is appreciated. He had a good PCP appt on Thursday, they are tweaking meds, getting a few consultation s in an effort to get his energy level up and physical condition too. Slow progress in this case is good
    Vanessa says thank you! And... pizza ovens are up and running! Have a great weekend Ella.

9. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

What a great update Michelle! I love the image of your pillow surrounded by nanners. Go Vanessa. :cool: Good news on DH too, our paws here remain crossed that he gets the all clear at the next appointment. And both boys in "school" - where did the time go? I'm glad you are getting some time for hiking. I love the Ridge photos and I did look at the video - just stunning. Although I'm with Amy, that snow just seemed a little too close. :stop: Still in denail here, the furnace is not on yet.

10. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

@Wendy&Neko Hi Wendy! I hope all is well with you and Neko. Vanessa is really a sweetheart, makes sure mom is taken care of, and gets her daily nanners! :joyful: I find them all over the house, in addition to my pillow. I suspect that Bug is he able bodied assistant, though I never have seen him actually carry them anywhere. THX too on DH. The journey is a slow long one, but we hope all will be well at his next oncology appt. In the meantime we continue to fine tune meds etc in hopes of revitalizing his energy level. Things are coming along. :cool: I so know on time, and that both boys are now in school. Nicholas will be 6 this coming December. Where indeed did time go? THX on the ridge photos, etc. Such a stunning area, I just love Baker. Yesterday I was at Mt Rainier for another ridge hike to a fire lookout. That too was great! LOL on the snow.... Well in all honesty I too do not eant to see it, at least locally. keep it in the mountains where it belongs! :eek:;) Same ehre on that furnace! so so hoping we can go until November before having to turn it on. Paws crossed!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.