9/2 Luci AMPS 214 - New to this forum.

Discussion in 'Tresiba (degludec)' started by Sue and Luci, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Today's post in the LB&L forum - for continuity

Hello everyone!

We're going to start Tresiba tomorrow morning (I guess)...it's just arrived today and we're just stopping by to say Hello and introduce ourselves.

Luci and I have been on this journey since Fall/Winter of 2017/18. Luci was diagnosed in November of 2017 and at that time we waited to see if changing her diet would help her numbers. It did not. Lantus started in January of 2018.

Fast forward: Since we've tried Lantus, and then Levimer we're going to give Tresiba a try to see if we can get her durations to last at least 12 hours - she has a pattern of starting in the yellows, heading down to the greens and then back up to that yellow lemon tree...occasionally she throws a pink out there, but tends to rinse/repeat these yellow-blue/green-yellow cycles typically.

I've been reading and doing some research and this seems like a natural move. Hey if it doesn't work, we can always go back to Levimer. At least I believe the Lev helped with her bouncing - and now it's just the steady lack of duration.

Let's see if we can address that here!

Thanks!

Here's Luci in action!
    LuciOnTheFloor.jpg

2. Sam & Esse

Sam & Esse Member

Oh, Luci's rarin' to go! (I must admit I love pictures of everyone's sugar kitties and civvies :cat:)

:bighug: Welcome Sue and Luci to the Tresiba ISG! I'm hoping for an easy transition for Luci, with no dramatics. Just a nice smooth slide into blues and greens :joyful: There's not much in the way of posting etiquette here :confused:, so you're probably fine to use whatever format you like lol! Busy -- this place is not :p

Welcome again!

3. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Good luck

4. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Thanks Jamie! Miss you around the forums :) Maybe we'll see more of you guys soon.

Have a good evening :bighug::bighug:

Tomlin, AmandaE and Bellasmom like this.
  5. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Yes, gonna keep eye on Luci and thinking about changing Bella, will let u know when I’ve ordered

6. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Good luck with the Tresiba, Sue. I will also be following your journey closely. :D

7. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

I think there are quite a few eyes on you two!! Best of luck! Fingers crossed that this will knock Luci straight outta her lemon tree!!

Briere Fur Mom and Tomlin like this.
  8. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Mine as well. Just very curious about this subject. No diabetic kitty just a diabetic hubby.:p

Sue and Luci likes this.