9/20 CALI California AMPS 295, +6.25 203, +10 198, PMPS 226, +2.75 242

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by carlascalico, Sep 20, 2021.

1. carlascalico

carlascalico Well-Known Member

9/20 CALI CALIFORNIA 295,
    left ear test noted because BG #s differ depending on ear tested

2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

There is a 15-20% meter variance that you want to factor in.

Looks like Cali is good for another increase tomorrow (to 1.25U) if she doesn't see green today.

carlascalico likes this.
  3. carlascalico

indeed.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I agree with Bhooma about the increase. As for which ear it’s meter variance.

carlascalico and Bandit's Mom like this.
  5. carlascalico

Thanks so much. BTW is Max a tuxedo? I ask because since joining this group last November, 2020 the neighbor’s tuxedo [a 3 year old civii] has chosen me as his person and initially insisted that CALI accept him. Finally he gave up on that idea about Cali’s acceptance after she found him on the deck sleeping, went out and attacked him and then climbed a tree in the yard huffing, growling, hissing and being her usual calico personality [albeit much less mobile since diabetes]. I am told stress can elevate a cat’s BG. Immediately after that incident, we tested her and got best, most normal level BG we had in a while. Maybe the adrenaline and exercise also played into the variables. Anyway Tux or ‘two socks’ decided not to approach her directly but says he is still here to stay. His owners are happy with that as they have 8 kittens. Circle back, are tuxedos known generally to have more laid back personalities? You are certainly to be commended on your phenomenal journey with MAX looking at your spreadsheet. WOW, while ECID, seems you have mastered the factors we can control to give our sugar babies the best quality of live we can. I certainly respect your knowledge and experience as you and Max have been at this almost 8 years.

Bama Kitty Mom (GA) likes this.
  6. tiffmaxee

Hi. Max was a long haired tuxedo, mostly black. I lost him sadly to CHF almost 4 years ago. He was over 19. My cats are indoor only. Too dangerous outside. He was very laidback and made caring for him very easy except for his being so shy. He hid if anyone came over until he got to know the person well.

Heather82372 likes this.
  7. Heather82372

Heather82372 Member

Wow Elise! I didn't realize Max was 19 when he passed away. How long did he have diabetes? My Poppy was 8 yrs old when diagnosed and lived to be 17! He was never regulated like your boy, but I was 12 years younger, busy & didn't take the time like I am now with Shooter.

8. tiffmaxee

I think Max became diabetic due to being on Hills wet and dry CD and then high carb wet food when I got him off dry. That plus chronic pancreatitis for a few years. He had regular blood tests which showed slightly high bg but I was told it was stress and he was easily stressed so it made sense. I know it was caught early though as I diagnosed him. I thought he was getting ckd as he started to drink more and then read about a few cats on the pancreatitis board that became diabetic. I tested his urine for sugar and bingo! I had him at the vet the next day and he started on lantus.

carlascalico and Heather82372 like this.
  9. carlascalico

Elise, thank you and brooms for sharing more about your kitties with us. Also for your counsel on my sugar baby, the wild calico from California who loves her wild raw venison protein. You van tell because she growls and guards her dish while savoring every bite. Not brave enough to get near the food tray when she enjoys it. But she does lick my arm profusely afterwards so I get to relish some of that wild smell too. YUK. I did up the Lantus to 1.25 units this PM. Every day can be a surprise with her so we shall see.

10. carlascalico

Bhooma sending positive thoughts for pretty Bandit. I know she has the best care possible with you as you endearingly support her and so many sugar babies globally. On behalf of the group, we appreciate all you do. You have counseled, so my CALI needs to do her part to help heal her body. She always cooperates with the food part. Never has refused to eat. Will blood tests next month help to determine any internal damage to organs thus far from this disease?

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  11. carlascalico

12. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Thank you! :bighug:

When is the last time Cali had her labs done?

13. carlascalico

One year ago October when she was diagnosed and had lost over 50% of her body weight. Took months to get Veterinarian during height of COVID-19 lockdown. VIP VETERINARIAN would not see her due to weight loss. She seems to have recovered and we watch her weight. I have schedule mobile veterinarian to my house when I host my annual equine dental clinic. Hopefully Cali will cooperate more after sedation in her home environment. Most VETERINARIANs really don’t want to deal with a fractious cat like our love.

Bandit's Mom likes this.