9/20, Susie, 268 AMPS

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Summer and Susie (GA), Sep 20, 2021.

1. Summer and Susie (GA)

Summer and Susie (GA) Well-Known Member

Max & Lori and Suzanne & Darcy like this.
  2. Summer and Susie (GA)

I looked at the product and it sounds pretty good and is affordable. My only concern is the alcohol preservative. Thanks, @Pamela & Amethyst and @Diane Tyler's Mom

Susie looks better and was acting better this morning. She snubbed her nose at her FF turkey feast but I put a little PureBite Salmon treat in the middle of it and walked away. Whey I came back she had eaten all her breakfast. I think, like Pamela said, she is just tired of some of her food. Unfortunately, I have a ton of the turkey feast. :arghh:

Bama Kitty Mom (GA) likes this.
  3. Bama Kitty Mom (GA)

Bama Kitty Mom (GA) Well-Known Member

She wants to save it for Thanksgiving. Hope you and Susie have a good day.

4. a_rose51

a_rose51 Member

Oscar keeps snubbing food too. His is the chicken feast. If I mix it with something else, he seems to accept that. Cats are absurd! :rolleyes:

Summer and Susie (GA) likes this.
  5. Summer and Susie (GA)

You are funny, Gina. Hope the increase helps your boy.

Bama Kitty Mom (GA) likes this.
  6. Summer and Susie (GA)

Cats are strange. She has always like the turkey. I tried to get more chicken and Publix was completely out :arghh:. I have wasted so much food on this cat. I'm just glad she did eat it this morning. We will see if she takes her mid morning turkey meal in about 20 minutes.

I like that Oscar is doing so well on this new reduction. You are not far from the OTJ trial, Andrea.:)

a_rose51 likes this.
  7. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Summer yes I saw the alcohol preservative in it and wondered about it, let's see what @Pamela & Amethyst says.
    I'm glad Susie finally ate her turkey even though you had to put a treat in it
    I guess they do get tired of the same food
    I'll give Tyler FF Pate flavors
    Chicken
    Beef
    Chicken and Beef
    Liver and Chicken
    Beef and liver
    The one thing I tried in the very beginning was the turkey and giblets and he wouldn't touch it , tried it again and nope
    Good luck with the vet visit with Kali :bighug::cat:

Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
  8. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

I see Susie is hanging out in higher numbers after the 47 the other day. That's to be expected. I wonder what could be done to level her out again, other than feeding the cycle when she drops so she doesn't drop fast.

Can you fill in the dose for PMPS last night? That's blank.

Have a great day!

9. Summer and Susie (GA)

Susie used to love the turkey. I have bought all of the above but the FF fish pates are her favorite I'm curious to see what Pamela will say about the alcohol preservative. I think I read if the smell of that is a "turn off" to you cat then leave the food out for 20 minutes before feeding. I don't know. I'm concerned about this.

10. Summer and Susie (GA)

Thank for letting me know about the missed dose. She hasn't dropped fast since that day with the 47. I guess I should have given her some m/c at her +2 and then maybe at +3 on 9/17.

11. Diane Tyler's Mom

I'm curious also

12. Mandy & Rex (GA)

@Wendy&Neko I know you are good at dosing advice. Do you see anything that could improve Susie's numbers? She was doing well at 1.5 and 1.75u doses, but now she's seeing more yellows. Do you have any suggestions to help the bounces not be so dramatic?

13. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Susie ate this morning. I hope she surfs safely. I hope Kai's vet visit goes well.

14. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Have a Beautiful Day!

15. Mandy & Rex (GA)

16. Summer and Susie (GA)

Thanks you, JoyBee. I love the fall months.

JoyBee&Ravan and Suzanne & Darcy like this.
  17. Summer and Susie (GA)

Another surprise and so late in the day.

Heather82372 likes this.
  18. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

19. Suzanne & Darcy

How’d it go with Kali today? Hope you aren’t too worn out!

20. Summer and Susie (GA)

Thank you for asking about Kali, Suzanne. I warned my vet to never get a foxhound. He said he rarely sees them. She was nervous on the car ride and at the vet but was parasite and heartworm negative, lungs and heart sounded very good and he felt nothing suspicious with his physical exam. He did say she will need her teeth cleaned - one of these days. All in all, a very good visit. Thank you again. It is Susie that gets the next appt. I guess I am going to have to take her in for bloodwork. She is just not eating like she should be and, at this point, when I get her PMPS I will wait to see if she eats before I give her insulin. I believe she has been in the greens today because she is not eating. And - we had a major storm this afternoon which is still working its way out of the county so I hope I can find her in a few minutes to test, shoot and feed for PMPS.

21. Summer and Susie (GA)

Happy to say that Susie seemed pretty hungry tonight and with her 118 PMPS, and after her shot, she immediately proceeded to go in and eat her dinner. I just hope she eats it all.

22. Suzanne & Darcy

Great news about Kali. And so glad Susie is eating tonight!

23. Diane Tyler's Mom

I'm happy to hear Kali got a good report .I hope Susie finished all her din din :p