9/21 Tucker AMBG 68 (skipped), PMPS 259, +4.5 50

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tucker12, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Tucker12

Tucker12 Member

Good Evening Everyone!

I hope everyone's weekend has been going well. I am back from my trip to the city. Yesterday after the low I had his other caregiver only give him 1 unit (less than the next recommended step down), as I was not home and I wanted to make sure he would be safe after having the low earlier in the day.

He was checked last night and was sitting at a safe number and fed a meal again at +4. I was called this am and he was only at 68. I did not feel comfortable with him being fed, retested and maybe injected as today there was no one home to be able to test him periodically to see how he did.

He just tested at 259 (14.4) so I am glad we skipped that AM dose. We are now reducing 0.25u from his 1.5u and going forward with 1.25u twice daily, as I am home enough to monitor closely for the next week. I will check at +4 tonight as well just to make sure he doesn't nose dive on me.

Crista & Ming likes this.
  2. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

Good call on the 68. It is far too low a number to shoot. And nice numbers considering a lower shot last night and no shot this morning.

If the +4 is mid to high green, feed and get another test later in the cycle. Obviously, he was on a mission last night. You need to find out if he is still on that mission with a later nadir.

Tucker12 likes this.
  3. Tucker12

Tucker12 Member

+4.5 @ 50. Waiting 30 mins to see how about 1 tsp 18% and 1/8 can 10% work. He must have missed me and wants to hang out tonight :woot:

4. Tucker12

Tucker12 Member

+5 @ 77. Hoping he does another coast in the green . Going to retest in 30 and if all is well feed him some LC food and head back to bed.