9/22 Tucker12 AMPS 187, +3.75 47, +4.5 59, +5 67, +8.5 88, PMPS 227, +3 92

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tucker12, Sep 22, 2019.

1. Tucker12

Tucker12 Member

Yesterday

Very close to having a low overnight yesterday. Seems like he won't handle going overnight without snacks. I can't wait to get that automatic feeder ;). Can't just leave extra food out as he eats (inhales) everything, and I don't want him to gorge them vomit it up causing more issues.

Have a nice day everyone :cat:

Sue and Luci likes this.
  2. Tucker12

Tucker12 Member

+3.75@47...Back down again. I guess I will do another dose reduction. I was trying to test at +3.5 but he was acting like a ravenous monster, so I had to keep smearing food on a plate for him to stay still enough for me to get a test. He has never acted like that before when I am trying to test him so I figured something was up.

So he ended up eating his regular meal of LC Friskies, and I am going to also give him 1-2tsp of gravy from FF gravy lovers. I know last time this happened a kind board member mentioned how the 10% canned didn't seem to hold him up for long, so going to try this approach and see.

3. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Tucker! Behave yourself when mama is trying to test - interesting that he was so ravenous! I hear you on the auto-feeder. I couldn't get along without it.

I hope the increased carbs helps him feel more satisfied without bumping his numbers up :)

Tucker12 likes this.
  4. Tucker12

Tucker12 Member

We didn’t see much of a jump with the HC. Still coasting at +8.5@88. Much better with testing all afternoon. Not sure what we are going to do tonight re: shoot or no shoot. I had given him a small amount of HC @ +6 (1 tbsp of ~18% along with some 10% canned) as I was out for a few hours but clearly we haven’t had a huge bump from that. Of course I’ll have to see where we are at PMPS before deciding.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  5. Tucker12

Tucker12 Member

PMPS 227. Gave him his new reduced dose of 1 unit. Lucked out and was able to get an automatic feeder today! Set it to go 1/2 hour before my 3 hour check. That way I can see if it works and he eats from it. He seems like his preference is to dive those first few hours after a dose so I hope he behaves himself tonight and I can get some solid sleep. I found one available for in-store pickup online and had someone able to bring it to me. I'll likely just return the one I ordered from amazon. I don't think he needs 2. lol.

6. Crista & Ming

Crista & Ming Well-Known Member

Hope the feeder works for you! I used the feeder for a bit and sometimes occasionally now when my mom and I both leave the house, and Ming just parks himself on top of it, smelling the food. :D

Congrats on the reduction and I hope you're able to get some sleep tonight.

Sue and Luci likes this.