9/23 Jack AMPS 147, +3 69

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Nicole and Jack, Sep 23, 2022.

1. Nicole and Jack

Nicole and Jack New Member

Hi all,

Here is Jack’s previous thread: https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/thr...utes-164-2-94-5-74-6-119.268605/#post-3001336

Here is his spreadsheet (also below):https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1v_aftjqVYSgM-Qn0nfFRshmKkSC-KGJBV_JsfgvKKWo/edit?usp=sharing

Jacks numbers seem to be increasingly dipping after his AMPS and shot. Should I keep deceasing his dose every time he goes below 90? I just decreased his dose this week and he is at 69 at +3 today.

I also not sure I understand the BG level at which to stall. Should I stall any time he is below 150 for AMPS or PMPS? I’m concerned that this is all my fault because I’m not stalling when I should stall.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Yes. According to SLGS you decrease after a drop under 90 on the next cycle. He very well might be even lower but you aren’t testing to catch it. Yesterday they +1 was a signal of an active cycle. If you were not going to be able to test any more I would not have shot a 92. He’s responding well to insulin.

3. Nicole and Jack

Thank you. That was part of my confusion as well. On 9/22 since he was at 92 BG I gave him 1.5U instead of his usual (at that time) 2U. I was going to be gone most of the day. I was terrified that I was going to give him too much or that his BG was going to be too high without anything.

At what BG level should I definitively stall? 150?

4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I think stalling if under 150 makes sense since you have shot over 150 already. If possible when between 150-175 I would grab a +2 or a test before you leave the house is a good idea. If that test is lower than the preshot you can feed whichever food is higher carbs and leave out some for later. Do you use an auto feeder?

5. Nicole and Jack

Thank you! This helps.

I do use an auto feeder! Jack gets his microchip feeder every day filled with half Rx kidney food and half low carb food.

tiffmaxee likes this.