9/23 Jasper AMPS 373 +6 214 PMPS 68

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Rachel and Jasper, Sep 24, 2022.

1. Rachel and Jasper

Rachel and Jasper Member

Jasper's bg is 68 tonight so i am stalling ad gunna test in 20 minutes. Not sure what to do.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

If you can get a couple of tests in, feed and give the shot. Sometimes stalling without food can cause his numbers to drop.
    If you can't stay up too late, you can always feed a little higher carb to keep him safe.

Rachel and Jasper likes this.
  3. Rachel and Jasper

Rachel and Jasper Member

K i will feednow

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  4. Rachel and Jasper

Rachel and Jasper Member

@Bandit's Mom He is at 85 now about 10 min later without food, gunna feed, test again and give his shot. Honestly I was supposed to go see my husband play music tonight so I am pretty sad about it. I'm almost tempted to feed high carb and just go for link and hour and a half but i also think i wont have fun and will just worry..

Last edited: Sep 24, 2022
  5. Bandit's Mom

If it's only for an hour or two, you can feed him high carb and leave. It's possible that PMPS was his nadir like it was last night.

Amy & Herman likes this.
  6. Rachel and Jasper

Rachel and Jasper Member

@Bandit's Mom I gave his shot and fed 2/3 of his low carb and 2 tbs of high carb. I think I will wait a little to seehow it goes to decide.

7. Bandit's Mom

You might want to go earlier in the cycle and back be back for later tests. The insulin will not be onset till 1.5 or 2 hours after the shot. Feed some more HC before you leave.

8. Rachel and Jasper

Rachel and Jasper Member

@Bandit's Mom Ok thanks, I just think I am gunna stay with him. Its not ideal but I willl just be worried the whole time anyways if I go.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  9. Bandit's Mom

LOL. OK. You really can go for an hour and a half or so. :)

10. Rachel and Jasper

Rachel and Jasper Member

@Bandit's Mom It seems we are doing better over here, i have just fed and tested every hour. His bg was 111 at +1 and 146 at +2. Been feeding a bit of low carb each hour.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  11. Bandit's Mom

Yes, you are good for the night. No more tests needed :)

12. Rachel and Jasper

Rachel and Jasper Member

@Bandit's Mom Great, well I am glad I stayed home with him after all. It's always more important to take care of our little cuties! He brings me so much joy that I never mind doing what needs to be done to take care of him. Thanks for your help and guidance the last two nights. Do you think I should still keep him on this dose?

13. Bandit's Mom

True :bighug: But you also need to take care of yourself. This is a marathon and not a sprint, so it's important that you make time for yourself as well :)

Yes. Hold the dose. He needs to drop below 68 to earn a reduction. I know you said he gets a meal at +6. Does he get any food between AMPS and +6? And after +6? If you go by the pattern of the last 2 days, he seems to head down through the AM cycle and nadir at PMPS. I wonder if feeding a small snack at +2/+3 and again at +8/+9 might slow him down in such cycles?

14. Rachel and Jasper

Rachel and Jasper Member

@Bandit's Mom it has been that way the last few days. I can try feeding small snacks at those times today to see what happens. I am not sure if thats been a pattern in the past, It hasn't ever happened like that that I can remember before but its worth a try anyways. I honestly was fine with not going out once I decided not to last night. I am pregnant so going to a bar is not as appealing as it used to be and I also have a condition that causes sensory overload in crowds and loud spaces so I kinda realized I was fine with skipping it once my friend texted and said it was crazy busy there too.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  15. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Please start a new thread each day.

16. Rachel and Jasper

Rachel and Jasper Member

Sorry I am pretty new to all this and didn't realize I shouldn't follow up on a comment in the old thread. Will start a new one if I need more clarification.

17. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member