9/23 Tucker12 AMBG 112, stalled + shot@ 126, +1.5 130, +3.5 99, +4.5 119, PMBG 81 (skip)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tucker12, Sep 23, 2019.

1. Tucker12

Tucker12 Member

yesterday

Good morning,

Tucker at 112 (6.2) this AM. Decided to let him eat breakfast first then I am going to retest before shooting. Shooting in the blue still makes me nervous. His feeder worked during the evening--he didn't eat his 3 am snack but ate the 6 am one.

Have a good day everyone :cat:

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  2. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Awesome start
    If ur able to monitor it's safe to shoot
    Have a great day and I would get a +1 and +2

Sue and Luci likes this.
  3. Tucker12

Tucker12 Member

Yes I am able to monitor. Pulled the trigger when he was at 126 (7.0). I know he usually drops early so will get a +1 or +2 to see what he is thinking.

Bellasmom and Sue and Luci like this.
  4. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Nice job this morning!

Keep an eye on him... he’s looking good these days...

Bellasmom likes this.
  5. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

So those numbers are about the same which usually indicates an active cycle, I would get a + 3 or +4

6. Tucker12

Tucker12 Member

99(5.5)@3.5 . I think I like how this cycle is going. Usually when he has gone low it's around 3.5-4.5 so I think today he will have a relaxing afternoon. I'll do another check at 4.5 just to make sure he is coasting along nicely.

7. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

To get back on schedule, you can do one of two things.
    Sorry, I do not know what time you usually shoot. Below are just examples.

You can move back the shot time 15 minutes each cycle +30 minutes per day.
    Say shot time today was 9am
    PMPS tonight 8:45pm
    AMPS Tuesday: 8:30
    and so on until you get back on schedule.

You can move back the shot time 30 minutes per day.
    Say shot time today was 9am
    Shot time tonight: 30 minutes earlier at 8:30pm
    Shoot Tuesday AMPS at 8:30am
    Shot time Tuesday night at 8:00am

Shooting earlier can act like an increase. Since Tucker has been seeing a lot of low greens, I would opt for 15 minutes per cycle.
    More detailed information here

Tucker12 likes this.
  8. Tucker12

Tucker12 Member

Yes he was due at 9am so we are now 1/2 hour late on that. I think to be safe will just shave 15 mins at a time until we are back to that tomorrow PM. I might even keep going until we are at 8 and 8, as that would make the night +4 check if needed a lot easier on his personal servant:p. He bumped up to 119 45 mins after his LC lunch, and I am comfortable with that number to leave him be for the rest of this cycle for a poke break.

Red & Rover (GA) likes this.
  9. Tucker12

Tucker12 Member

PMBG 81...Only about 10 mins ahead of technical 12 hour "due" time. Thoughts? I fed him. Only concern is if I do inject tonight we would be over 45 minutes later than when I like to inject. Would skipping tonight cause a huge setback? Or should I do a token dose?

10. Red & Rover (GA)

My thoughts:
    Given that Tucker goes green most nights, I would skip.
    Tucker has been relatively flat all day. That sometimes is an indication of an active cycle.
    Skipping tonight would help drain the depot and let you get back to your desired shot time tomorrow morning. It did not take Tucker long to get into good numbers the last time you skipped a shot.

Quite quiet on the board at the moment. Tagging @MrWorfMen's Mom in case she's around.

Tucker12 likes this.
  11. Red & Rover (GA)

If you do decide to shoot, I cannot stay up with you.

12. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

I think I'm on the skip side. Shooting even a token dose could lead to a PJ party.

Tucker12 and Red & Rover (GA) like this.
  13. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Even if you decide to skip, get a +2 or 3 to be sure Tucker is just surfing . The depot is still in play.

Red & Rover (GA) and Tucker12 like this.
  14. Tucker12

Tucker12 Member

Thank you all for your advice. I decided to skip. He did come up to 117 about 30 mins after eating, but I think it will be better for both of us to get back to our 8am/8pm shoot schedule. If I shot we would have been at almost 9:45pm which is too late for my liking.

MrWorfMen's Mom likes this.
  15. Red & Rover (GA)

Enjoy a decent night's sleep. Sometimes with a diabetic cat, they are hard to come by.