9/24 Chino|AMPS=181|+8=65|PMPS=263

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Adrian and Chino, Sep 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adrian and Chino

Adrian and Chino Well-Known Member

Last post: 9/21

Since we switched to Levemir, +4 seems to be a good indicator of where the cycle is going. If the +4 is the same or lower than the AM/PMPS, there's a good chance he'll have a green nadir. A pack of 50 test strips used to last 6-7 days, and it now lasts 3-5 days, so I'm looking forward to reaching the point where I know his patterns well enough to know when I need to test and how long I can wait between checks. I'm getting there.

I'm still amazed that he's gone below 205 on EVERY SINGLE CYCLE since switching to Levemir, and most nadirs are blue or green, no matter where he starts. And every cycle has a nadir! There were days when I'd give Lantus and his BG would just go up.

2. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Incredible! :D So happy that Lev is a good fit. Hopefully he reveals his pattern soon. I know what you mean about the test strips not lasting.......

3. Adrian and Chino

Adrian and Chino Well-Known Member

WOW. He went from 65 to 263 in just 2 hours!

4. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

SS colours look prettier on Lev.

Typical onset for Lev is around +4, so looks like for now Chino is playing to the rules.

Bear in mind that some cats can nadir at +13 or later, so if he's dropping at ps, it may at times be worth getting a +1/+2.

5. Beenie (GA)

Beenie (GA) Well-Known Member

Awesome!:D
    Amazing how different kitties react to different insulins. I'm glad that Chino is diggin' the Lev:)

6. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Well that was rude Chino! He bounced from a 65 on the 21st but not until 2 cycles later did he bounce into the pinks. Hope he'll settle down soon. .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.