9/24 Gordy AMBG 110 | PMPS 407

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by CassAndGordy(GA), Sep 24, 2019.

1. CassAndGordy(GA)

CassAndGordy(GA) Well-Known Member

2. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

I hope he'll eat his fuds today. Sorry about the skip...the depot will drain...

Have a good day Cass!

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending appy vines. :bighug:

4. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

I think since he isn’t eating that skipping is definitely the most wise choice! I’m cheering Gordy’s appy on! Nom nom vines for Gordy :)

5. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Gordy you needs to eat

6. CassAndGordy(GA)

Ick.

Well, he got some licks of Fancy Feast pate in. And I gave him a lot of the new dry I got Rex - some lamb and rice combo stuff. He ate the dry greedily. I am not concerning myself with carbs until his appetite is back. I don't know why he is having this, may be pancreatitis. I cannot afford a vet visit after shelling out for Rex a few weeks ago, so keep your fingers crossed...

7. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Here is the list of things to try when your cat won't eat. I hope something will help Gordy.

Do you have any parmesan cheese? If you maybe sprinkle a little of that on her food, she will perhaps eat? usually ondansetron is better for nausea than cerenia but it doesn't hurt to give her the cerenia....it can help.

Can you finger feed her....either see if she will lick food off your finger or will she let you dab some on the front of her tongue or on the roof of her mouth? Just be careful that it's only a small amount and that you don't get it down her throat.

Here's some info Jill often posts when a kitty won't eat:Here are some things you can do do entice your cat to eat:

-sometimes in order to get a cat to eat you even have to resort to dry it is more important that they eat. there are a couple low carb / grain free brands -- EVO and wellness core.

-making a buffet to give him choices
    - heating food

sprinkle food with :
    - forta flora -- a probiotic you can get at vets or online. is very smelly and cats love the taste of it.
    - parm. cheese
    - smashed crumbles of dry food
    - Purebites Duck Liver -- crushed and put on as a topper.
    - bonito tuna flakes
    - halo chicken treats -- crumble into dust over food
    - poor a little water from tuna in water over food ( I use low sodium/no sodium added as other kinds in water has veg. broth in it and I assume that means onions, which are toxic to cats-- check labels)
    -powdered oregano. yep sounds weird . but some cats like it and it will entice them to eat.

other ideas of foods to offer your kitty to stim appy:
    - trader joe tuna for cats
    -baby food -- beechnut turkey and broth or chicken and broth. they have no onions or other additives. some babyfoods have onions . please read labels if you can't find beechnut.
    - kentucky fried chicken
    - deli turkey /chicken
    - plain cooked ( boiled or baked ) chicken breast
    -canned chicken for people (watch the label that their are no onions)
    - chicken broth -- low sodium

CassAndGordy(GA) likes this.
  8. CassAndGordy(GA)

Thanks for the list Carla. Its always a good reminder. I have tried a lot of those already. He is eating small amounts of food, so I know I won't have to resort to extremes (thankfully). He scarfed down treats last night, so I have that going for me LOL

carfurby (GA) likes this.
  9. CassAndGordy(GA)

+3.5=207

Coming down fast, but I expected that. He successfully ate a HC snack. And I'll check him in a few hours. Also got him to eat the pill pocket with his thyroid med. (Which is nice cuz I hate pilling him.... he has scary teeth.)