9/24 Leo- AMPS 87 (+12.5 79, +12.75 74), +3.25 81, +8 78, +11 88- PMPS 101, +2 64, +2.5 68, +3 74

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Yvonne & Leo, Sep 24, 2022.

1. Yvonne & Leo

Yvonne & Leo Member

2. Yvonne & Leo

Yvonne & Leo Member

@tiffmaxee @Bandit's Mom How long would Leo need to be off dry food before I could start TR? What if I am giving him the zero carb treats? Are we still eligible for TR? He gets a few a day and I have like 3 bags left lol.

3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

If you eliminate the dry you don’t need to wait to switch to TR. Make sure you have cans of hc, mc, and honey or Karo which you probably already have. Freeze dried 100% protein treats are fine. I used that for after pokes and we suggest that. There’s no limit in that.

4. Yvonne & Leo

Yvonne & Leo Member

Thank you! I am not familiar with TR so I will need to go read up on it.

5. tiffmaxee

https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/thr...-low-go-slow-slgs-tight-regulation-tr.210110/

Some of the main differences are reductions are taken if under 50, we try to not give back to back reductions a minimum of 2 tests every cycle, and you lower the no shot number eventually to anything over 50 whereas with SLGS it’s 90. You are already testing enough. I think it would be a really good move as it will give Leo an excellent chance at remission considering how well he’s doing.

6. Yvonne & Leo

Yvonne & Leo Member

Okay! So should I still stay at no shoot under 90BG for now to see how he does? And I won't reduce his insulin amount unless it's under 50BG?

7. tiffmaxee

If you have supplies and can monitor you can shoot a 90. Get a test at +11 so you can see if he's on the way up at pmps.

Yvonne & Leo likes this.
  8. Yvonne & Leo

Yvonne & Leo Member

He's at 60 +4. Can't add anymore to my title. I gave him a tiny bit of HC wet food, he mostly licked the gravy though. I gave some because he has been eating the LC but it only brought him up for a bit then he dropped again. I'm also getting very sleepy.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2022
  9. tiffmaxee

Are you switching to TR or staying with SLGS? That will determine if you reduce or not.

10. Yvonne & Leo

Yvonne & Leo Member

I'm going to try out the TR I think.

11. Yvonne & Leo

Yvonne & Leo Member

81 @ +4.5

12. tiffmaxee

ok. Then you won’t reduce. Test again in an hour since she fed hc the bg needs to stay up for an hour without food before you stop testing. If it’s still up then feed a little lc and call it a night.

13. Yvonne & Leo

Yvonne & Leo Member

Okay! Thanks so much for all your help!