? 9/25/2022 Millie AMPS 89 +.5 452/412 +.75 443 +2 387 +3.5 314 +6 427 PMPS 375 +4 336

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Heidi n' Millie and..., Sep 25, 2022.

1. Heidi n' Millie and...

Heidi n' Millie and... Member

2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Yes, stall without feeding and test in 20 mins. She has earned a reduction to 1U with a drop below 90.
    If you didn't shoot in the PM cycle of 9/23, could you please put NS in the U column? Thanks!

3. Heidi n' Millie and...

I have adjusted but it's not updating in the spreadsheet here. Will keep trying. There it is!

Last edited: Sep 25, 2022
    Reason for edit: update.
    Bandit's Mom likes this.
  4. Heidi n' Millie and...

YIKES!!! 452, then 412 2 minutes later. I didn't retest the 89 because she was having none of it, plus I got more than enough blood. I am off of work through Thursday so I can walk shot time back.

5. Heidi n' Millie and...

So, now I should shoot 1 unit? Now 443 +.75 shot 1U and fed 1 can LC. I assume this is a bounce, based on limited knowledge. How often should I test through the day? Can't wait until I understand more about what I am doing. Almost 2 weeks feels like a lifetime. However, Millie seems perfectly satisfied to have my life revolve around her, even if it means having holes in her ears.

Reason for edit: update.
  6. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

I wonder if that 89 was a bad strip? She went from 89 to 454 in 45 mins? That seems unlikely! I know you shot 1U this morning, but I'm wondering if you want to stay with 1.25U from tonight.

Tagging @tiffmaxee for confirmation.

7. Heidi n' Millie and...

I was going to test right away again but she gets so testy when she is hungry, and I got easily enough blood and wanted to post here, so I went against my better judgement and didn't test again. Lesson learned. My vet was adamant about using the Alpha Trak, so I tried to strike a balance with her, since she knows I am working through this process (along with her) by agreeing to use it. I think it is in the back of my mind that those things are $1/pop. I'll have to get over that and just go with it. It is what it is. But, yes, I will go back to 1.25 this evening, if all agree. I am off through Thursday, so it gives me more time to test/monitor.

8. Heidi n' Millie and...

When I have used up all of my AlphaTrak strips, and go to a human meter, is there a way to migrate the info in the AT spreadsheet to the one for human meters? I have a ReliOn but it takes more blood and I don't always get much with her (until her ears/my skills get better). Is there a human meter, which requires less blood, that people are happy with? Do I post this question in the section about mechanics of all of this?

Reason for edit: typo
  9. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I agree with Bhooma. She can fix your spreadsheet when you switch meters. @Bandit's Mom