9/25 Tucker12 AMPS 272, +7 59, +8 68, PMPS 79, +2.5 52, +5 47, +5.5 81, +6 68

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tucker12, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Tucker12

Tucker12 Member

Yesterday

Happy Wednesday!

Anyone have any tips to know when it is ok to shoot in the green? Past two nights he has been right around 80/90 and I have skipped.... Yesterday he hung there past when he was due for a shot, even after eating. Barely bumping to 100 3 hours after he was due. Or is it just a need to try it to see thing?

I know it's harder on his body to only have Lantus once a day, resulting in higher AMPS numbers, although he hasn't really been skyrocketing to the blacks/red yet either. I have read the sticky on being data ready to shoot/handle lower preshot numbers and still am just not sure how to decide when it is ok or not.

Thanks for any thoughts :cat:

2. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

I always think to myself 'shoot low to stay low' and I proceed to shoot. Remember Lantus is a depot drug - not something that's going to work immediately. However, in order to keep those nice green numbers going, be prepared to test/feed in order to avoid an unnecessary low...after a while those green pre-shot numbers will seem like a blessing! Just what we're all here to see - more green...all the time. We're also shooting the nadirs and not the pre-shot numbers...

So take a deep breath and go ahead and give that insulin. It only lasts for 12 hours and then Tucker is back on his own trying to get nourishment from him food...without enough insulin he's not getting any nutrition...so perhaps keeping those thoughts in mind will help you be strong and proceed. Those numbers are safe to shoot...80/90 ... I wish Luci was 80/90 on her pre-shots...

3. Tucker12

Tucker12 Member

Well we went for it. Sitting at 52@ +2.5. Keeping a very close eye I have a feeling we will be seeing some lime tonight.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  4. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

I noticed on Sept 20 and 22, you did a great job with that 10 percent carb food and 18, to bring the BG up to a good place.

Tucker12 likes this.
  5. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

You really have come a long way in a short amount of time! I absolutely love Tucker's picture - he's beautiful and lucky to have you.
    It seems like you've caught on pretty fast!

6. Tucker12

Tucker12 Member

@+5. 47. Usually nadir soon so will see what he comes up to after some 10% with about 2tsp18%

7. Tucker12

Tucker12 Member

+5.5 up to 81 dropped a bit at +6 to 68. Human bean is getting pretty sleepy.

8. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Elmo and I are still up too ! You are doing great !, Tucker, you and Elmo need to let your Beans go to sleep,ok?