9/27 Chino's in the Twilight Zone|AMPS=237|PMPS=255|+2=290|+4=213

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Adrian and Chino, Sep 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adrian and Chino

Adrian and Chino Well-Known Member

Yesterday...

Today's cycle was the strangest one on Levemir so far. It WASN'T a fur shot - the fur wasn't wet and didn't smell like insulin (I check after every injection). But he was high and flat, so I gave 1 unit of R at +6. 6 hours later, his BG is still going down, so I'll definitely be getting a +2. Was it a bounce or an extremely delayed onset?

2. Adrian and Chino

He also pissed on the couch again today. Because of the vinyl sheet I'd placed underneath, it completely soaked the couch cover, but at least the couch is dry.

3. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Again? How often is it happening? Any history of uti's? Neuropathy? Gizmo pee'ed on his scratcher (corrugated) for a while, it was really strange but it was when he was at much higher numbers. No UTI. I got rid of the scratchers and the behavior stopped but he also got into better numbers.

Sorry he is running high. Hope he doesn't drop too hard and too fast :bighug:

4. Adrian and Chino

He has a history of doing this as a behavior problem, but no reason to have done it today. It usually happens when I'm gone for an extended period of time, like when my ex-wife and I were on our honeymoon and he pissed in the laundry basket, or when I started working 12-hour shifts in college, or when I was away for several days in February at a conference. When I got back, I cleaned everything up but a few days later, he jumped up on the couch and started pissing right in front of me. (He got to spend the night in the bathroom for that.)

5 months went by before he did it again on 8/04, and again on 8/07. I don't know why he did it then, either, but that was the last time until today.

No neuropathy, no recent or recurrent UTIs.

5. Adrian and Chino

Maybe he's just an @$$hole. BG was 290 at +2, possibly the 2nd-lowest PM +2 he's had on Levemir. Next check at +4.

6. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

:joyful:

7. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Oh no! :eek: Lol.

8. CassAndGordy(GA)

CassAndGordy(GA) Well-Known Member

I often think this about mine too ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.