9/27 Tucker AMBG 52 (token dose), +7 128, PMPS 112

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tucker12, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Tucker12

Tucker12 Member

Had a rather stressful morning. For whatever reason, we were only at 52 this am (and we had reduced more than 1/4 unit for his next reduction for previous 2 doses due to not being able to monitor closely). I should have tested him again last night I guess after we got a 108@+3. I was just so spent. He did have food every 3 hours and I put some 10% in each slot so hoping he just surfed...

He decided that after AM test today, he was not going to let me test anymore and turned into Mr Bitey Hands :rolleyes:. So I hmm'd and hawed whether to agitate him and burrito him, or trust that he ate, and that I could try later to make sure a small dose (1/4unit) would be fine. Went with the break from testing and a 1/4unit.

PMPS at 112, and I started the next recommended dose of 0.75 (although I debated sticking with the 0.5--I decided to take the 1/4 unit step until he says it's too much), so I pray he lets me test him tonight without a fight. Have been doing some positive reinforcement (rubbing ears, not testing, but then giving small pure bites) just to get him not thinking every ear touch=poke. Not sure why the flip from the past 2 weeks but I'll roll with it :coffee:

Hope everyone has a great evening:cat:

Sue and Luci and Beth 73 like this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Tucker stayed safe for you last night.

Beth 73 likes this.
  3. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Keep up the good work... sorry about the biting...

Tell him you’re only try to save his life. I used to tell Luci that every time ...

I think she heard me and understood...