9/28 Chino|AMPS=385|+4=314|+10=79|PMPS=87|+2=191|+4=142

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Adrian and Chino, Sep 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adrian and Chino

Adrian and Chino Well-Known Member

Yesterday...

I slept through my morning alarm and had to give his AM dose at +13. :banghead: This is not good. I'd actually meant to give it half an hour early, then move it back another 30 minutes tomorrow so I could give his insulin before leaving tomorrow night for religious services that start at the current shot time. So I can't give tonight's dose at +12 and will have to give it at +11.

Labs were drawn at the Saturday vet appt. T4 is still rising. It's up to 2.9. I expected this, so I'd asked for a free T4 that hadn't resulted yet on Monday. I called today for an update and the receptionist said she'd have the vet give me a call, so his methimazole will likely have to be increased. Hopefully that will improve his BG readings.

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

To bad about the sleep in. At least he was safe.

Good luck with the b/w results.

3. Adrian and Chino

It's 7 pm now and I still haven't heard from the vet, but I'm glad Chino's BG started heading back up just in time for the PM dose. This is his lowest pre-shot since starting Levemir, so I'm going to get a +2 just to see how high he goes before he starts dropping... If I don't and the +3 is green or low blue, I won't know if it's safe to wait until +4.

4. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice PMPS. :D Surf safely, Chino! Hope you hear back from the vet soon.

5. Adrian and Chino

The vet just called! We spoke for 11 minutes. His free T4 is 31 pmol/L... not sure how to compare that to his last result, which was 6.5 ug/dL. We were both Googling, trying to find the conversion factors, LOL... I'm still looking. But the reference range in pmol/L is 10-50, so that's good.

6. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

That sounds like it's good news. I hate when results aren't easy to compare. :confused: Good luck trying to figure it out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.