9/3 Luci AMPS 267 - Day 1 - Tresiba

Discussion in 'Tresiba (degludec)' started by Sue and Luci, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Wednesday's Tresiba Condo

Wednesday's LB&L Condo

Good Morning everyone - cricket sounds here - wow! This is such a quiet little forum...and Luci and I are here to shake things up! :joyful::joyful:

Today is Luci's first day on Tresiba! Needless to say I'm very excited about the prospects and promises about Tresiba. Luci however says it's just another day - as she's looking out the kitchen window at the birds.:cool:

I'm hoping for a calm morning - but I plan to test her fairly often - since it seems that her depot was quite full and she earned a reduction yesterday - so we're starting at .75. Let's see where that takes her....I'm ready... lancet (and some coffee too) in hand!:coffee::coffee:

Have a great day everyone! Thank you to @Bellasmom @Tomlin @AmandaE @Butters & Lyla @Sam & Esse for your support and encouragement. I feel like we've got a little cheer-squad now :bighug::bighug:

Have a wonderful day everyone! Let's rock this thing, shall we??:woot::woot:

And for those of you wondering what the Tresiba pen looks like compared to the Lev pen...it's just about the same! Here are a couple of pics that Luci allowed me to take this morning :)

Lev and Tresiba Pens.jpg Lev and Tresiba Pens2.jpg

Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
  2. Tomlin

Tomlin Well-Known Member

Happy Day 1 :bighug:! Wishing you the best today. It is good you are all set with your coffee ☕️!!!

3. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

GO Luci!! Happy day one for you, both! I hope this new journey gets Luci to ditch her beloved lemon tree.
    I'll be watching your Tresiba journey very closely and cheering you on. :)
    Have a great day, Sue.

4. AmandaE

AmandaE Well-Known Member

*Mowgli and Amanda peek over the fence*

can’t wait to see how Luci does on Tresiba! We are also creeping in with interest ;)

Good luck Luci! I know you won’t miss the lemonade!!

5. Briere Fur Mom

Briere Fur Mom Well-Known Member

Work it Luci!!!!:D:D:D
    Happy day 1!!!:bighug::)

6. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

It will be exciting to see how this works! :):D

7. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Will be following along. Make sure you keep those pens separate so you don't give wrong one.

How does it work? Same dose as lev, depot, will there be nadirs?

8. thebigfuzz

thebigfuzz Well-Known Member

Happy Tresiba Day 1!!!

Hope it goes well! :):):)

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  9. Sam & Esse

Sam & Esse Member

Happy Day 1! :cat:

I'm curious if the 140 at +4 is a secondary kick from the Lev, or if the Tresiba is off to an early start :bookworm: If it's the Tresiba... :D that's a good response from the first dose. Fingers, toes, and eyes crossed that it'll keep building from there :bighug:

:p I laughed when I first saw the color of the Tresiba pen. So, so ugly. I really wanted to see if it would look any better under a black light lol!

10. Tina Marie (GA) and Jan

Tina Marie (GA) and Jan Well-Known Member

Oh my! Good luck. How often will you be dosing? Just curious since I've read different time intervals can work, and because Tresiba is marketed as a 42 hour insulin (versus 24 hours for Lantus and Levemir).
    It would be awesome to see this work for Luci!

I do see some using BID as with the other insulins.

11. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I’m trying to figure out how you dose this but there no method I see.

12. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Looking awesome Luci

13. Sue and Luci

Hey there Paula! Your guess is as good as mine!:rolleyes:

From my reading about all I know is that the duration is supposed to be loooooong...there has been some talk about a depot - resting way down below and possibly contributing to the loooong duration...I think...heaven's don't ask me...I'm no expert on this one :D I'm a newbie here..just learning like everyone else.
    Happy to see you here too Amanda!
    It's nice today that Luci started out with a big of a show...got herself all the way up to the pink cloud and then started her gentle glide down and down...:cool::cool:

I'll be checking on her again in about half an hour...that'll be interesting because by this time of day, she's busy climbing her lemon tree...so I've usually given her a pokey break about this time of day...we shall see what she has in store for me...hoping to see her at least in the blues...but maybe it's too soon to expect that much...

I'm not sure there is one either! Tresiba can be given once per day...what the thresholds are for that I'm not sure...but I'll probably stick close to what I know about TR to this point...I don't want to take any chances until I'm a little more sure of what's going on with her...lower numbers, if we ever get them will be a bridge to be crossed...:nailbiting::nailbiting:

I'm still going to stick with our schedule - unless she's got some really terrific numbers right out of the gate...taking this thing one hour at a time...

If she starts to look like she's deeply in the lagoon on the first day, I'll post for advice, may stall...or skip all together. But I think on the first day that might be expecting a lot...

Thanks everyone - so glad you've stopped by to visit and ask questions! It certainly makes it more interesting..and perhaps beneficial to others who might be considering a switcheroo too :cat::cat:

Stay tuned:bighug:

14. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Sue, wishing you and Luci the very best of luck on your new Tresiba journey!!

Leo’s paws are crossed hoping that his dear friend Luci will love her new insulin. :bighug:

Happy Day 1!!!

15. Sue and Luci

We hope so too Sonia! We appreciate your well wishes! I hope that handsome Leo is doing well :)

Luci seems to be taking her time about all this...back in the lemon tree this evening...:rolleyes:

16. Sam & Esse

Sam & Esse Member

Well... not the best number, but not the worst :confused: This is where my complete lack of patience pants would start egging me on :banghead: Looking forward to seeing Luci's numbers in the morning :bighug: All in all, not too bad of a start. Fingers crossed, knock on wood, and a pinch of salt over the shoulder.

17. Sue and Luci

Well, I'm kinda used to days like this...nothing new here :cat::cat:

She's on a reduced dose since earning that reduction yesterday - and whether she had or not, I'd probably have started this new insulin with a little reduction - I'd rather be safe than sorry - she's had such a bad habit lately of taking off and rushing down to the lagoon in the morning...so I was apprehensive about that...but she seemed to ease off of that behavior...and took her time more or less getting a little beach time...hopefully tonight will be some blues...and maybe tomorrow if she does a toe-dip or three I'll be happy with that.

We've been on this wheel for such a long time...anything unusual would just throw us off...as we're trudging along this highway...the long long road...:rolleyes:

DH will be testing her a few more times this evening, but he doesn't post - he leaves that to me. He'll let me know if she does anything wild and crazy...only time will tell as Luci holds all the cards around here...:smuggrin: