9/3 Teal'c Amps 107 +2 76 +8 112 have calipers

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Patty & Teal'c, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Patty & Teal'c

Patty & Teal'c Member

Yesterday

Nice number to start. Made a trip to harbor freight got the calipers.

@Sue and Luci so from what I read 1.32mm is 1u. I'm thinking about a dose between 1.75 and 2 appx. 1.88 I think is right between. If I'm correct that would be 2.48mm on calipers (1.32x1.88). Does that sound right? I've got the top end of calipers under the lip ring thing. This is a empty syringe while I try to figure it out. If I'm way outside of the ballpark let me know.

Attached Files:

2. Patty & Teal'c

Patty & Teal'c Member

Here I've pushed the plunger down to where I think the arms line up

Attached Files:

3. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Are you using Relion Syringes?

4. Sue and Luci

If so, this is what Marge worked out for me:
    Relion Syringes - Calipers Conversion from Marge & Gracie
    0.13 mm = 0.1u
    0.26 mm = 0.2u
    0.33mm = 0.25u
    0.39 mm = 0.3u
    0.52 mm = 0.4u
    0.66 mm = 0.5u
    0.79 mm = 0.6u
    0.92 mm = 0.7u
    0.99 mm = 0.75u
    1.05 mm = 0.8u
    1.18 mm = 0.9u
    1.32 mm = 1u
    1.65 mm = 1.25u
    1.98 mm = 1.5u
    2.31 mm = 1.75u
    2.64 mm = 2u
    Sue: Here’s a chart in 0.1u increments up to 1u and then every 0.25u up to 2u based on 1u = 1.32mm. Once you get over 1u, if you start making changes (fatten or skinny) do it by using 0.13 mm = 0.1u. In other words, if you need to fatten or skinny a dose, I’d do it by 0.1u, in general. Otherwise, stick with your 0.25u dose changes. Sound good?

5. Patty & Teal'c

Patty & Teal'c Member

Yes thank you. Took a screen shot of your post so I can refer back to it.
    Thank you for the chart. Tried making a chart up like that at work last night and messed it up 3 times:banghead:.

First time tonight since I'm off

6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice numbers today. Once you get used to the calipers you'll love using them.

Patty & Teal'c and Sue and Luci like this.
  7. Sue and Luci

Marge sent me that info - and I put it into my SS - I printed it up and keep it in her log book - where it's handy for me to refer to whenever she earns a reduction - and I reset my calipers right then and there - otherwise I'll forget and spin up the same dose at the next shot time...I'll admit I get distracted and hurried easily.... so I'm better off setting it up as soon as it's 'earned'...

Good luck with your calipers - it looks like you've got the measuring part right...I had trouble with that. Just snuggle that upper calipers arm right up underneath the lip of the syringe - if you hold it to a back ground light - you'll see the very top of the insulin as it rests in the top of the syringe...and then the plunger should be even with the lower arm edge - it's sharp so it should line right up nicely...if it doesn't, press and turn gently on the plunger; and/or flick it with your finger to get the bubble out if you see one...

Patty & Teal'c likes this.