9/4 Alice AMPS 402 +5 238 / increased dose

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by AliceMeowliss (GA), Sep 4, 2020.

1. AliceMeowliss (GA)

AliceMeowliss (GA) Well-Known Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/9-3-alice-amps-228-6-6-341-good-appetite-pmps-hi.234591/

I didn’t wait to increase back, I hate seeing her in the reds. She is eating so much more now and her body needs lower glucose levels if her kidneys are going to get in decent shape.

I got her fluids done for the day. Just shy of 100mL. I can tell she doesn’t like how it feels afterwards having a big lump of fluid in her. But it absorbs and she cheers up a bit.

I am already so anxious to get bloodwork again. I want to see if her kidney values are any better! The CKD group experts said wait three weeks. It’s been five days. :nailbiting: It will be quite a wait for me.

When I did her fluids I thought I had it in the first time, but I didn’t. We hurriedly clamped the line and I reinserted. Would you have stopped and changed needles again? It’s kind of a pain. I wonder how contaminated and horrible it is that I went ahead with the same needle. It seemed more likely for me to get fluids in if I didn’t stop and spend more minutes wrestling with needles. Her enticing distracting food was already out....

Eta: I was worried about constipation again but she had a bowel movement right after I wrote this.

Hope all are well. <3

Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
  2. AliceMeowliss (GA)

AliceMeowliss (GA) Well-Known Member

B371A5A0-0083-49B0-A462-58DB55722376.jpeg
    she looks pretty sweet right now. :D

3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Love the picture. Yay for a bowel movement. It may not be ideal to use the same needle, but I think under the circumstances it was okay.

AliceMeowliss (GA) likes this.