9/4: Nova: amps 123; +2 194; +5.5 161; pmps 98

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LindyNova, Sep 4, 2020.

1. LindyNova

LindyNova Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Whew! What a night--not really stress inducing, but sleep deprived, for sure. Nova had a wonderful stretch in the lagoon all night! and probably her first matching +2.5 to pmps. I hope I did the right thing by steering her with food every 3 hours.

I hope she keeps this up, but not so much that I have to miss any hours of work today.

Hope y'all have a happy Friday and all sweet kitties surf safely!

(smilies are not working so add a pile of coffee cups & and a bunch of green smiles, plus one blue!) :)

Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
    Reason for edit: forgot yesterday's link
    Sue and Luci and JaxBenji like this.
  2. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

Great job:D From what I understand (I'm still new here), steering with food is good so the kitties stay in healing numbers! And thank goodness for coffee :)

Sue and Luci and LindyNova like this.
  3. LindyNova

Thank you! Yeah, steering with food is the way to go, for sure. I was excited and a bit appalled to see her +2.5 as low as it was, and made sure I stayed on top of it & fed her so she wouldn't drop in to see the sharks! I'm hoping the amps wasn't too food influenced, because I fed her/them at +9.5 and usually she is really carb sensitive. Oh, our sweet babies like to keep us guessing! :rolleyes:

JaxBenji likes this.
  4. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

So relatable!

LindyNova likes this.
  5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

LindyNova likes this.
  6. LindyNova

Oopsie! & Thanks, Carla...I'll edit to add on my original post. :facepalm:

7. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Nice job last night! Excellent job with the steering!

And that's what auto feeders are for :) I'd sure get one...especially if you need some sleep - for work purposes...sometimes these darn jobs get in the way of our kitty care...LOL!

If you don't have an auto feeder, this is the one I use: https://www.amazon.com/PetSafe-5-Me...99259855&sprefix=pet safe auto,aps,179&sr=8-7

Sure makes life easier when you need to - perish the thought! - get some sleep, or leave the house for several hours :)

LindyNova likes this.
  8. LindyNova

Thank you! :D And I have definitely looked into the feeder...prob is, i have to get 2, because grandkitty (GK) wants what Nova gets and DH, and DS (who would have to pay for the GK) are not really into it dollarwise.....but they can golf every week.....I just don't get it. Guess if I want to live my best life with this disease I'll have to bite the bullet and buy them both one. (I'll prob end up with the GK anyway if DS gets a job out of state) :rolleyes:

9. LindyNova

i wonder if this will be a repeat of last night...+2ish will tell! At least I can go back to bed, if needed, after feeding in the am. :)

10. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

And they were on sale not too long ago on Amazon! I almost bought another one...I mean they were like $28 instead of 39 or whatever they are now...the prices do fluctuate - set up a watch list on camelcamelcamel.com so you can see when it goes on sale...or at least drops in price.

LindyNova likes this.