9/5 Luci AMPS 260 Day 3 Tresiba

Discussion in 'Tresiba (degludec)' started by Sue and Luci, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Friday's Condo

Well, Luci isn't exactly taking off like a rocket on her new insulin - let's see if cycle #6 will be a winner for her. At least she got her toe into the lagoon yesterday! I thought we were off and running, but Luci had other ideas and washed up onto the beach and I could tell she was already making the trek up the dunes to that darn old lemon tree.:banghead:

She does appear to be having a difficult time letting go of her beloved lemon tree nest! So with all things forum and threat related - and I am NOT wearing my foil headgear to prevent her from reading my thoughts - we're going to increase this evening IF she doesn't have a better showing today...a single toe dip does not create a better picture of what's going on...maybe she'll surprise us all and give us a little more time in the lagoon than one little moment...:facepalm:

Let's go Luci! Time to get on board that 'long range missile' of an insulin! Did you see the video that I posted yesterday? I'm asking Luci...it certainly makes it sound like Tresiba is the clear winner for duration...and that old sneaky depot...let's see what's going on in there today shall we Luci?:rolleyes:

Have a great day everyone and I hope your kitties surf safely! I'm off to run errands this morning and hopefully DH will be up in time to get a 2+ on Miss Luci...sometimes he 'forgets'...although I cannot imagine how that happens...oh well!

Oh and btw, Happy Labor Day Weekend!:cat::cat:

Later :bighug:

2. JOJI and Kit

JOJI and Kit Well-Known Member

c’mon luci, work it!
    have a good weekend.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  3. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Luci, are you reading this? Mom says tonight is increase time if you don't get your cute little butt in gear today...the decision is yours:cat:
    I watched the video. What a nice simple explanation as to how both insulins work. Sounds like Tresiba is the winner to me. :) Let's see what Luci thinks.
    Have a great day, Sue.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  4. Sam & Esse

Sam & Esse Member

For what it's worth, I see no problem with an increase. The Lev depot should be just about gone -- so these bleh numbers are Tresiba taking its sweet time :blackeye: Tresiba can be that employee that shows up late, scarfs doughnuts and coffee for a bit before finally rolling up its sleeves to get to work. Unfortunately, that "for a bit" can be several weeks :facepalm: I know I was in tears those first couple weeks with Sam :bighug: My mantra was "It'll get better, it better get better, oh good grief, I've still got the Lev, right?"

5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Luci starts working the new insulin.

Sue and Luci likes this.
  6. Sue and Luci

Whatever am I going to do with this cat? Ya know what I caught her doing today? I'd just gotten home from grocery shopping and I was washing fruit and cleaning things up and had gone downstairs to put away some other things and left a bag of unsalted cashews on the kitchen counter....

Well guess who apparently had a craving for cashews? She sure had me fooled, I thought she was only after sweets, carbs, meat,bread...long list of hooman foods...

I've been trying to post this comment all afternoon.:confused:

7. AliceMeowliss (GA)

AliceMeowliss (GA) Well-Known Member

cashews!!!! That’s a new one to me. Alice will eat all sorts of weird sweets she shouldn’t want. I had a cat who didn’t eat them but loved to break into bags of dried legumes and bags of dried seaweed. And Alice’s brother would actually eat seaweed. One of my gingers now will break into any kind of bread he can if you leave it on the counter overnight.

Just now seeing you switched to tresiba. I’m fascinated. :)

8. Sue and Luci

Well I have to say, me too...I'm waiting for the long duration...nothing more, but I'm just aching to see her get rid of those darn yellows that she clings to for dear life! Lemons - gotta go!

And yes, unsalted EXPENSIVE cashews! A special treat for DH and me...just a few occasionally...they're very healthy for you..but apparently Luci wanted in on the 'good health 'action herself...unbelievable!

AliceMeowliss (GA) likes this.
  9. AliceMeowliss (GA)

AliceMeowliss (GA) Well-Known Member

Ahhhh it’s always the expensive stuff! :facepalm:

my last remaining rabbit, now he really has a taste for expensive. From chocolate covered espresso beans to literally the drywall of my house. :arghh: Hahaha.

eta: I don’t blame you for wanting those beautiful blues and greens and nothing more. Your SS already looks like a dream to me though, I must admit! I’m slowly starting to wonder if I should look at a different insulin for Alice but there are about twenty million other issues she needs me to attend to as well. :p

How long is Tresiba supposed to take to really show a flatter curve? And what if kitty loses appetite?

Sue and Luci likes this.
  10. Sue and Luci

I suppose with all things insulin + cats it depends on the cats...there are a few SS's on the Tresiba board to look at...I saw lots of green and few yellows - I was looking at the end game-...not really so much at how long it took them...but at this point we're nearly three years in...anything would look like a speeding bullet to me now :)

I really haven't seen much about the kitty eating or not...one thing I did read...it does seem to stimulate their appetites and some cats gain too much weight...perhaps that's why Luci is attacking the cashews? And just about anything else left out on the counter....she's hungry! Never misses a meal that girl...but then she's kinda on the thin side...I think she could stand to gain a pound or so...

So perhaps it's something you could look into...let me know via PM if you want more info... :) Happy to share :)

AliceMeowliss (GA) likes this.