9/6 Sissy AMPS 158, +2 167, +6 121, PMPS 200, +2 160, +3 140, +6 214

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Mandy S, Sep 6, 2020.

1. Mandy S

Mandy S Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...195-2-109-4-69-5-5-108-pmps-205-2-144.234756/

Sissy is 158 for AMPS. That's close to 150....should I do a smaller dose or full dose?
    I'm reading over SLGS now...just not confident yet to make a decision without confirmation. I think I'll wait 15 while I read and test again.

1 have shot 149 before but that was before switching to SLGS...so at the reduction it should still be okay I would think?

2. Mandy S

Mandy S Member

I waited. Tested again. 183. I fed and shot the 1.25.

Removed the ? From title.

3. Mandy S

Mandy S Member

This is a question from yesterday's condo....it was about her earning a reduction yesterday and the questions I had about it and SLGS. If anyone has time to answer or should I ask questions on the welcome board?

"I read over the SLGS again and I see that I reduce. But I have a question about it, not being argumentative, just don't understand. Won't that make her go backwards to higher numbers, where we were before the increase to 1.5? I know that with SLGS the goal is flat numbers greater than 90...but if you hope for remission and those number goals are between 50 and 80...then isn't trying to stay above 90 counterproductive?"

And the day before that, I had asked about when you are drawing the insulin...is the black line from the plunger supposed to be on or flush or at the top of the line. So for 1 unit, as you push the plunger up, would you stop just as you get to the 1 unit line or even? It may not matter, but I know just trying to adjust a dose a little just a nudge pushes out insulin, I just want to make sure I'm doing it right.
    Now that she's back on the 1.25 I feel frustrated because I still am having trouble getting it the same each time. I compare it to the first syringe I drew up with red dye awhile back...and even then it's hard. I doubt she's getting a consistent amount at this dose and that's frustrating. I've been looking at posts about calipers but don't know if that would help this issue or not.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2020