9/7 Max OTJ trial, Day 9! PMBG 77, AMBG 78

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Rebecca & Max (GA), Sep 7, 2020.

1. Rebecca & Max (GA)

Rebecca & Max (GA) Member

9/6 post
    Day 9! :D
    Max threw up again last night - only bile and before his dinner. In my CKD group, kitties with empty tummies can do this due to acid reflux. He could also be working on a hair all (he is floofy after all) but I have been giving him 1/8 tsp powdered egg yolk 2x/day to see if that helps him pass the fur through. It’s worked this far for him, but my DSH female who has the CKD has barfed up two fur balls since starting the egg yolk. :arghh:

thebigfuzz and Kyle & Simon (GA) like this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Poor Max. I hope the egg yolk helps.

Happy Day 9!
    :):):):cat::cat::cat::D:D:D

Rebecca & Max (GA) likes this.
  3. Kyle & Simon (GA)

Kyle & Simon (GA) Well-Known Member

Happy day 9!! So sorry about the vomiting! That has been our issue too. Do you have Cerenia or ondansetron? I hope it clears up soon! :D:D

Rebecca & Max (GA) likes this.
  4. Rebecca & Max (GA)

He hacked up a fur ball today outside (luckily). It was smaller than his usually ones, so maybe it is??

5. Rebecca & Max (GA)

I do not, but between Max and my CKD kitty, Patches, I have read so many owners use Cerenia. I guess it’s time to look into it!

Kyle & Simon (GA) likes this.
  6. Mimis mom

Mimis mom Well-Known Member

Just out of curiosity- what were you feeding Max before he got diagnosed, and has it changed? He went into remission very quickly I was wondering if food change had a big part in it?
    :bighug:

7. Rebecca & Max (GA)

He was on the Weruva pouches, and a few other foods (Halo, Fussie Cat, Kasiks,) but I now know many of them were higher carb. Both cats also had free access to dry food (Fussie Cat salmon dry). I also added a cognitive dry foot for our one dog that has dementia and both cats LOVED it, so I had to watch them, but my family would put the dog food down d walk away. My one cat was diagnosed with early stage kidney disease so I tried the vet kidney food (dry for both cat, canned for her). Neither liked the dry, and still wanted their Fussie Cat dry. I caved. Max was then diagnosed a few months later. My vet said he wasn’t sure if Max was really diabetic, as his pancreas enzyme levels were elevated too, but he did a fructosamine test and it was determined Max was indeed diabetic (his values was over 500). I started insulin but was told not t change food and not to home test. Then I found this group.
    It took a long time to get ear sticks down but in that time he was so high that I cut out all dry food (better for both cats), and started feeding his Weruva flavors that he loved that were the lower carb ones. I really did t see a big difference, even when I got him on zero carb Tiki Cat for a while (he then refused to eat it). In all honesty, I’m sure the food helped but I feel switching to TR is what made the difference. I could not get him regulated with SLGS. Perhaps it was coincidence, but I still believe TR kicked his pancreas into gear.