? 9/7 Sissy AMPS 223, +2 79, +4 80, another reduction?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Mandy S, Sep 7, 2020.

1. Mandy S

Mandy S Member

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
  2. thebigfuzz

thebigfuzz Well-Known Member

Bumping for more eyes on your question.

on SLGS, yes, but be mindful that sometimes the old depot hasn’t drained completely leading to reductions so close together. Time will tell. Others may have different advice.

:bighug:

It has been a busy night on the forum, sorry you haven’t gotten many responses:(

Mandy S likes this.
  3. Mandy S

Mandy S Member

Thank you for replying, I appreciate it. I had asked questions the last couple nights and hoped it wasn't me being annoying that was keeping people away. lol

thebigfuzz likes this.
  4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

SLGS says to reduce immediately if you get an under 90, which you did. So yes, back to 1 units.

thebigfuzz likes this.
  5. thebigfuzz

well... there is always the opportunity to switch over to TR if Sissy is eating low carb wet food. This would lower reduction thresholds and is overall more aggressive. You seem to test frequently enough. Have you thought about switching away from SLGS to TR? No pressure, just curious?

6. Mandy S

Mandy S Member

yeah, I started out SLGS, then tried TR, but went back to SLGS because it just makes my anxiety way worse. I have an anxiety disorder/ptsd that, while I'm doing much better with therapy and time...the TR and thinking about shooting low numbers was really getting to me. :/ I feel kind of like I am letting Sissy down because I'm holding her back or something. But it was getting bad and going back to SLGS has been better. I know people have seen remission with SLGS too, so trying not to beat myself up too much ( I tend to be hard on myself). I do like to understand how things work, so was just trying to figure out SLGS and how the protocol can lead to remission if we try to stay above where we want to go for remission? I don't know if I'm explaining what I'm asking very well. :/

thebigfuzz likes this.
  7. thebigfuzz

You are doing good :) it does look like you are making progress on your SS and seeing lots of pretty blues and greens, which are healing for Sissy :D That helps the numbers get better and better and reductions earned :)

Mandy S likes this.
  8. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

It's fine to stick with the dosing method (SLGS is not a protocol per say) that you are comfortable with. Maybe over time as you see more low numbers you may be OK with switching back, but you don't have to. Cats will still see healing green numbers on SLGS (like she did today), just higher and less often than on TR.

thebigfuzz and Mandy S like this.
  9. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

It’s not you. There have been lots of emergencies the last couple of nights.

thebigfuzz and Mandy S like this.