9/8 Maxi AMPS 80/+2:148/+5:180/+9:206/PMPS 159/+3:193/+6:122

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by bambinaki, Sep 8, 2020.

1. bambinaki

bambinaki Well-Known Member

2. JaxBenji

JaxBenji Well-Known Member

I can help tag :) @Wendy&Neko

Maybe add the ? to your title and put your question in there so someone may see it.

And my sugar cat is black too - Maxi is so cute!

3. bambinaki

Thank you for tagging Wendy for me! Instead of adding the ?, I'll wait to hear from Wendy, but thanks for the suggestion.

Your profile picture: Those kitties are sooo cute and beautiful!

JaxBenji likes this.
  4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Love the picture. He's so adorable.

bambinaki likes this.
  5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Last night was the 11.5 unit depot talking. I would hold onto this dose.

How is Maxi feeling today?

6. bambinaki

Last night was another sleepless one... Will there come a time when I won't have to worry about constant testing?

...And now a yellow - I hope it doesn't go higher...

I'm thrilled (ANTI-JINX) that Maxi is feeling much better today! He's eating well and purring.
    Yesterday evening he did have an abnormal B.M. It was partially very soft and light-colored, like the poo he had during that awful pancreatitis. He hasn't had a b.m. yet today. Fingers crossed it's normal.

Thank you!

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
  7. Wendy&Neko

Absolutely. But first you have to understand how Maxi responds to food. It will help you (and help us help you) if you list any extra food given in the Remarks column of the spreadsheet. That way, you can see what worked (or didn't) the previous time. For example, if no extra food was given in the 50's, and Maxi went up to 85 on his own at +8, I would have gone to sleep. In general, if there are no extra carbs given, and you see two flat or rising tests, you are good to sleep. For Neko, I knew that if I gave her some HC in the middle of the night to stay safe, and she did see a boost, I could nap for 2 hours before the next test. Over time and with data on Levemir, I could stretch that out to 3 hours between tests. Worst case, you can always set the autofeeder for a couple hours with some HC in it.

So glad to hear Maxi is feeling better! He likes having you at home.

bambinaki likes this.
  8. bambinaki

There has never been a time when Maxi's number went into the 50s and I didn't give him extra food. At first, I give his regular food. At the next test, if it's still low, I give high carb. I think I've given high carb only twice. I will put this in Remarks from now on.

Sleeping 2 or 3 hours without interruption or worry is better than only 1 hour but not what I'm hoping for! Might there come a time when I don't have to test between shots? When I can sleep 6 hours without getting up?

Thank you

9. Wendy&Neko

I always got at least one test between shots. But if Neko's before bed test was high enough, I would often sleep until just before AMPS.

bambinaki likes this.
  10. bambinaki

And more importantly, in the long run, how will I be able to go to work (when face-to-face work comes back), let alone have a life outside of home with Maxi (not that spending time at home with Maxi is not wonderful)?

11. Wendy&Neko

You learn his cycles on Levemir. Which I hope will be like it was for me, and made for much more predictable cycles. You use an autofeeder and higher carb food if you are worried he might at all go low. And another option is just to let him run is slightly higher numbers. What I really liked about Lev and it's later nadirs, is that I could feed, shoot, load the autofeeder, and do something else at night for several hours. Same on mornings. If I had plans that were going to keep me away all day, I lowered Neko's dose a couple days before, let the depot drain, and spent the day away. Then when I could monitor more, I'd increase back up.

bambinaki likes this.
  12. bambinaki

I'm thinking about going to work most days, not occasionally, for 8 - 12 hours.