9-8 TYLER AMPS-212/141@+5.25/119@+9.75/PMPS-124/99@+3.75/123@+8

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Diane Tyler's Mom, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

2. Diane Tyler's Mom

Finally got my tablet back SS has been updated, his numbers suck :(

3. Diane Tyler's Mom

@Wendy&Neko

@Chris & China (GA)

@Deb & Wink

@Sienne and Gabby (GA)

@Critter Mom

Well looks like Tyler will need yet another increase. I know I let him stay at 2 units very long that's because I was without my daughters tablet which was being repaired and just got it back this afternoon. His SS is on her tablet, mine is so old and could only use it to update his daily threads.

Lantus pen was started on 5-7-20 so it still has to be good since he is getting greens during the cycles, mainly the night cycles

Can you ladies please look at his SS and let me know what you think
    I'm just so discouraged and upset that I have to keep upping his dose.
    When he did start Lantus he was going so good with all those greens and a much lower dose

Thank you ladies :cat:

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
  4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

You're right on all counts, increase needed plus dose held too long. I don't know when Tyler last saw the vet for checkup, blood work and look at his mouth but if he recently got the all clear then you can't do anything but increase until you hit that breakthrough. Some cats are just stubborn like that. Amy's Trixie was fairly regulated and just went off the rails. She had to keep increasing per protocol, to quite a bit higher dose before she turned around. She did eventually got OTJ. I just looked for her spreadsheet, and it seems it doesn't exist on Google anymore. :( Libby's Lucy went up in dose, hit a breakthrough, went down to very small doses, then had a turn around, went back up over 3 units, then hit that breakthrough again and finally went OTJ. Both cases, no particular reason was found. I think we just put it down to the pancreas getting tired.

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  5. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Hi Diane, I'm sorry Tyler isn't giving you as good numbers right now. :( It's difficult when our kitties aren't responding as they should be. I hope that his numbers get better if/when you increase his dose. I was initially upset when I had to keep increasing Butters' insulin too, all of a sudden. Even though she hasn't been on insulin for as long as Tyler, we still both have to find the best dose that works for our kitties. They need as much as they need, so keep it up! You'll get him to come around. Give him lots of scritches from me. Have a good evening. :bighug:

Diane Tyler's Mom and Deb & Wink like this.
  6. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

Without reading any of the other replies, I'm for increasing the dose again Diane. Up to 2.25U please.

p.s. Any luck on the tablet repair?

7. Diane Tyler's Mom

Thank you very much Wendy, he is actually going for his check up the first week in October. I will definitely have her take a good look at his teeth.
    I just pryed his mouth open and they look good to me, but I know my vet will have to tell me that.
    He can get pretty nasty , growled at me
    I would have taken him sooner but his brother Perry has been doing bad with the kidney disease, taking him for blood work every 2 weeks so far and the expense is killing me.
    I would never neglect Tyler, but had to take care of Perry first.
    He is such a sweetheart, will let you do anythng to him.
    He is so different than Tyler

I will increase tomorrow morning to 2.25 units
    Thank you again :bighug::bighug::cat: @Wendy&Neko

8. Diane Tyler's Mom

@Deb & Wink Hi Deb yes got the tablet back this afternoon all fixed and updated his SS
    Will increase tomorrow morning to 2.25 units
    Thank you for getting back to me I appreciate it Deb :bighug::bighug::cat:

Deb & Wink likes this.
  9. Diane Tyler's Mom

@Butters & Lyla
    Hi Lyla thanks for the pep talk lol
    I will give him scritches for you and a boot in the butt from me lol
    Going to take him to my vet the first week in Oct for blood work and have his teeth checked out.
    I just pryed his mouth open and they look good to me but I will have my vet take/a good look at them
    I was telling Wendy that he could really be nasty , he growled at me and tried to bite.
    He's definitely not like his brother Perry, who is my heart kitty
    He has kidney disease so I have been taking him to the vet every 2 weeks so far for blood work.
    Has been costing me a fortune, he's on a lot of different meds and fluids, binders , and Epogen injections for anemia.
    So that's why I haven't taken Tyler sooner
    I love Tyler to death, but Perry is my heart kitty, he will let you do anything to him.
    He is so loving.
    So I will increase Tyler's dose tomorrow morning.
    Have a good night and scritches to Butter :bighug::bighug::cat:

Butters & Lyla likes this.
  10. Butters & Lyla

Butters & Lyla Well-Known Member

Perry sounds like such a love.:) Both kitties are so lucky to have you as their momma.
    Good luck with the new dose for Tyler!

11. Diane Tyler's Mom

Hi Lyla he is such a love bug lol
    Give Butter's a kiss fight on his nose for me. Have a good rest of the day and night :bighug::cat:

Butters & Lyla likes this.
  12. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

I don't see any "horrible" numbers at all!! You may not like some of the higher blues and lower yellows but he's still under renal threshold which is very important! He's also had some beautiful nadir's!

That being said, yes, I think going up a tick was a good idea. Even though his nadir's are mostly in greens, there's room to go a little lower and hopefully bring down some of the pre-shots too.

Let's see where he's at in a few days when his depot is full :bighug::bighug::bighug:

13. Diane Tyler's Mom

Thank you Chris