9/9 Sissy AMPS 229, +2 215, +6 121, PMPS 195, +2 164

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Mandy S, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Mandy S

Mandy S Member

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

You made the decision based on the SLGS method. Give it the full amount of time and see. She went down at +2 so this could be an active cycle.

Critter Mom and Mandy S like this.
  3. Mandy S

Mandy S Member

Yeah, I know I did. I just think that like someone said, not sure who without going back to look, that it might have been the depot stores that dropped her that 2nd day and not necessarily because the dose was too high. I haven't seen yellow this time a day in awhile. I just don't want to go backwards with her, is all. I'm hoping to start seeing some of the blue and green we were seeing. She started out on 1 unit though and it wasn't enough so I figure she'll need a little more.

Side note. The lower dose of insulin seems to agree with Sissy more. When she was on the 1.5, she spent a lot of time on her bed and not caring to snuggle. Since her levels have been a little higher, she's back to cuddling. So...coincidence? I will have to pay attention in the future.

4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I think it was me. It’s part of TR but there’s no such thing as failed reductions with TR.

Mandy S likes this.
  5. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Mandy,

It is very helpful to record observations like the above in Sissy's spreadsheet remarks. It can make patterns easier to spot.

Out of curiosity, what % carbs were you feeding while Sissy on the 1.5IU dose and how well was she eating at that time?

Also, did she seem to feel better in herself on the 1.25IU dose?

Mogs

6. Mandy S

Mandy S Member

I always forget about the notes section. I'll add some comments to it.
    Most of the food Sissy eats daily is between 4.98% and 7.39%. There is a Tiki one that she likes that's 3.33% but Chewy doesn't carry it so she only gets it when someone ventures into Petco. We alternate the other food, rotating it around hoping she won't get tired of it like she has everything else.
    I think it was on the 1.5 that she was sticking to herself mostly. The last several days she's been out with me, more like normal.
    The 1 unit and the 1.25 unit doses seem to suit her better, but she was only on the 1.5 10 days...so maybe she was just having some off days. I had mentioned somewhere else that she seemed grumpy...but maybe it was because of that dose? idk.

Critter Mom likes this.