9Lives added to Dr. Lisa's food chart

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Lisa dvm, Apr 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lisa dvm

Lisa dvm Member

A quick FYI....I just added 9Lives.

Permit me a momentary whine: Have I mentioned lately what a time-consuming pain in the butt these charts are to compile/add to? :YMSIGH: Especially for a person not used to dealing with spreadsheets. Going from Numbers to Open Office....not fun.....

(Numbers does not support hyperlinks but Open Office does so this old dog had to learn a new trick....and she grumbled the entire time.)

2. Lisa dvm

Lisa dvm Member

PS...I also added a link to a sortable version of the chart. See the bottom of page 1. This was added a few months ago.

3. KPassa

KPassa Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for all your time and effort on this list, Dr. Lisa! :YMHUG: I consider it my "FD Bible" and literally carry it with me wherever I go! I show it to employees at pet food stores and my vet's office and my friends and pretty much anyone who says the word "cat." :lol:

I don't know where I'd be today without it!

A side question: I was in Walmart today and notice the 9Lives and Special Kitty had similar packaging. Is Special Kitty simply 9Lives repackaged under the Walmart brand? Same with Grreat choice and PetSmart?

4. KPassa

KPassa Well-Known Member

(FYI, I work in computers and am fairly handy with spreadsheets, so if you ever need any help feel free to use me. ;-) )

5. Lisa & Leo

Lisa & Leo Well-Known Member

THANK YOU DR. LISA!!!

We have been to the pet store with your list in hand and shared the link with people who wondered what the heck we were looking at. Your list has been invaluable to us as we searched for appropriate foods for both our FD kitty and our CKD kitty, and were overjoyed to find foods that we could feed both of them.

I hear your whine ( :D ) about the spreadsheets - thank you for taking that time - you are helping so many people. If you ever need help to pay it forward, let me know.

Lisa & Leo

6. Lisa dvm

Lisa dvm Member

I have no knowledge of who makes what.

7. Wendy&Tiggy(GA)

Wendy&Tiggy(GA) Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.