A Tribute to Mannie

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Courtney and Kismet, Apr 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Courtney and Kismet

Courtney and Kismet Well-Known Member

Hi LL,

Mannie and Michelle have given us so very much. From morning coffee made to order by our favorite barista, to roadtrips, moon parties, and OTJ party special catering. To wonderful stories, laughter, smiles... Mannie loved to pal around with the other kitties. His Mamabean loved him immensely, and he her.

For Michelle, who is a kind, compassionate, loving soul, and to her special little guy, Mannie the Nanner King, I have made this tribute video. Thank you both for all the love, laughter, and joy you've brought to us all. Mannie, you were a star in LL, and now you're a star in the heavens above. May you shine forever.

[youtube]qQF9OnXdUqc&feature=youtube_gdata[/youtube]

2. Katie & Mego (GA)

Katie & Mego (GA) Member

What a beautiful video and tribute Courtney. I wish I had known Mannie better and it sure sounds like he is very special here in LL and will be greatly missed. Sending comforting vines your way too.

3. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Very nice Courtney. Thank you very much for making this beautiful Tribute to our Wonderful Mannie.

4. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle & Scrabble (GA) Well-Known Member

What a beautiful tribute! I cried my eyes out the whole time. The big guy will be missed by all. It is so hard to see our fur babies leave us. I feel your pain and know how hard it is. Fly free sweet boy!

5. Barbara and tuffy

Barbara and tuffy Well-Known Member

What a beautiful tribute Courtney. Thank you. Your choice of pictures tell it all, including his love for his little best friend.

6. Mary and Stella

Mary and Stella Well-Known Member

7. ecurie

ecurie Well-Known Member

Courtney, your beautiful tribute captures Mannie as we all know and love him.
    Thank you Michelle and Mannie. and Thank you Courtney.

8. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

A beautiful tribute to a beautiful soul. He is sadly missed.

9. TheBowHuntress

TheBowHuntress Well-Known Member

simply beautiful tribute...

10. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Courtney, so beautiful is the Tribute to Mannie. My thoughts are also as Mary stated, you captured his sweet, loving personality so well in the pictures. I love the pics showing the closeness between Nicholas and Mannie and how Mannie was watching over him. He will be so missed here, and my heart and prayers go out to Michelle and family.

11. Melissa & Tarragon

Melissa & Tarragon Well-Known Member

That was beautiful Courtney. Thank you from the bottom my heart. LL will never be the same.

12. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Absolutely beautiful. Mannie truly was a special soul here in LL, and now is a very special angel in heaven. He will be forever loved, and forever missed....

13. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

What a very lovely tribute for Mannie. Thank you for putting that together for him, and for Michelle. He'll always be a star in LLand. Always. We'll never forget him. He'll always live forever here, just like the others who have GA. Fly free, dear sweet Mannie, fly free.

14. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

What a beautiful tribute to Mannie our nanner king he will be so missed our thoughts and prayers are with his family today (((((Michelle))))

15. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Thank you, Courtney.

Most of all, thank you Michelle for sharing Mannie with us all. My heart aches along with yours.

16. Josie & Ripley (GA)

Josie & Ripley (GA) Well-Known Member

So, beautiful, Courtney.
    A loving tribute for a special guy.

17. Linda for Weezer

Linda for Weezer Well-Known Member

Tears and smiles here. Thanks for the beautiful tribute and warm memories,

18. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

Such a wonderful heart filled tribute to our King of Nanners. It's very hard for me to type this, between the tears....now I need to come up with a good excuse for when someone comes into my office.

Thanks, Courtney.

Fly free and high, our sweet Mannie. I know you are up in the heavens making your coffee and planning your next party. We will join you as soon as we can....

19. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

That is the perfect tribute to Mannie. Thank you, Courtney.
    Liz

20. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Thank you, Courtney, for this wonderful tribute to our dear Mannie.

Every once in a while a kitty so special comes along and touches everyone's lives. Mannie was this special kitty. Thank you, Michelle, for being his mamabean and for bringing him up with such love, with such a flair for fun and adventure, and for sharing him with all of us here in Lantus Land. Our thoughts and our love are with you, with Nicholas, his best bud, and with Elsa, who will miss him very much.

Farewell Mannie, until we meet again,

Ella & Edward and Rusty

21. Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA)

Caryl & Sebastian & Alex (GA) Well-Known Member

Thank you, Courtney. This is a beautiful tribute to a beautiful being.
    LL will never be quite the same without Mannie...he and Michelle added a special something that can never be duplicated.

There are many tears falling here today. Mannie you will be missed.

22. Lisa & Leo

Lisa & Leo Well-Known Member

That is wonderful Courtney, just wonderful. And I thought I'd stopped crying for a moment and then I watched this, and tears just kept rolling down my cheeks but I have a smile in my heart looking at those wonderful pictures. Mannie will be very much missed. He was a central point at LL and it won't be the same. What a wonderful tribute.

Lisa & Leo

23. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

What a lovely tribute. We are all very lucky that we got to share in the love, fun and of course adventures of Mannie and the LL Kitteh Gang.

Fly free my dear friend. Please come and visit my condo often, I have a lovely lounge chair with your name on it and lots of sunbeams to enjoy.

Ooh when you visit, please check the closet I have this lovely uniform err outfit hanging in there with your name on it along with fabulously 3 ft tall chef hat just for you - Chef Mannie de Cuisine! The kitchen is fully stocked, my wagon always locked and loaded and just waiting for you to cook us a feast!

Lubs ya lots! Really I do. Until we meet again.

Signed Maui the Magnificent, your friend and always looking for good help - no matter which side of the bridge they are on!

24. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

This is beautiful Courtney! :D
    I miss Mannie already. His was the first condo I visited in the morning. It was so nice to see all the beautiful pictures of him again.

25. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Thank you Courtney, this was wonderful. I watched it with tears for Michelle having to part from her sweet eyed boy.
    And this gave me one more day to get online and start with Mannie's condo...
    Mannie's pains are gone and he has all the sunbeams he wants now...

26. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Courtney

I can't express just how beautiful and poignant this is.....what an amazing tribute to Mannie. lL will never be the same without Mannie and we can only hope Michelle will remain because they both will always and forever have a very special place in the hearts of us who have been so privileged and honored to be touched by their special magic.

27. Frosty

Frosty Well-Known Member

What a wonderful video tribute Courtney. I didn't know Mannie like most others had but your video made it very obvious just how special and a loving part of Michelle's and LL's family he was.

28. Courtney and Kismet

Courtney and Kismet Well-Known Member

So true, Angela. He is definitely a legend in LL and always will be.

Thank you to everyone for the lovely comments about the video. I hope I was able to do justice to the memory of our beloved Mannie.

I picked this song because I loved his attitude about life. Every day, despite its hardships, was wonderful as long as there was a sunbeam to lay in, nanners to play with, and scritchies from Nicholas and Michelle. It is a wonderful world, yes, Mannie said so. :cool:

Hugs to Michelle, and to all of you in LL who loved him, too, which is everyone who got to know him.
    :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

29. MelanieAndRacci

MelanieAndRacci Well-Known Member

Courtney, your tribute is so beautiful and heartfelt that it made me cry all over again at the loss of such a special little guy. Thank you for making the video. I know Michelle will love it too. What wonderful pictures! They capture the love in his heart as they pour out of his eyes.

Hugs,
    Melanie & Racci

30. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Thank you, Courtney. That was absolutely beautiful. We are all crying again here too.

Fly Free, Mannie! We will look for a BMG reunion concert at the next thinning of the veil!

31. Denise & Honey

Denise & Honey Well-Known Member

A lovely tribute to a lovely kitty and his lovely family.
    Thank you, Courtney for helping us hold them in our hearts.

32. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

What a lovely video .. even though I bawled the whole time .. Fly Free Mannie, you will be missed by all ...

33. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

What a beautiful Life Mannie has had, with so much love all around..
    Through my tears, I cry for you Michelle and for those in your family who will miss this
    incredible Kitty so so much. We will all miss him so so much.
    You have helped so many including me, and so many others. I know the pain you are going through.
    I Hope you realize what a wonderful life you gave him.
    With Love & Deepest Sympathy from Me..

34. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Thank you Courtney for putting together the beautiful video. You captured how special Mannie always was. Thank you Michelle for sharing Mannie with us. He will be missed greatly. Sending hugs and prayers to Michelle and her family.

35. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Courtney - you did a wonderful job in capturing the Mannie we got to know and love here in LL. It was a great choice of music.

I think I'll be watching this a few times. And probably crying each time too. Fly Free Mannie!

36. Cleo & Jane (GA)

Cleo & Jane (GA) Well-Known Member

What a beautiful tribute -

37. Sweeties-Mom

Sweeties-Mom Member

Such a lovely, moving video Courtney! The music, images, and sentiments were all perfect and got the tears flowing again.

Thank you, and thanks Michelle for sharing Mannie with us all.

38. Georgia and Simon (GA)

Georgia and Simon (GA) Well-Known Member

Courtney, the video was so beautiful and really did capture Mannie's loving spirit. I wept with sorrow for the loss of Mannie but also wept tears of joy for being able to follow, along with all of the LL family, Mannie's amazing life journey with Michelle and her family. Big hugs to Michelle and to her family. I know NIcholas is missing his buddy.

39. Camille and Cyclone

Camille and Cyclone Well-Known Member

A beautiful video and wonderful tribute, Courtney.

40. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Courtney, I would like to thank you for this, from the bottom of my heart. You have captured Mannie so well, and so so cool that Nicholas is in there too. Those two were a team, best buddies. There were tears when I watched it, but not of sadness, they were tears of happiness, fond memories, joy at seeing again what made him so special. Thank you for putting this together, I love it.

We are doing OK here. I miss him something terrible, still find myself starting routines that were his, going to give pets or exchange greetings, all the things that were Mannie's. Somehow there is comfort in that.

What a wonderful tribute to my boy. Thank you everyone for viewing it, for responding, for caring. You guys are the best!

41. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

what a wonderful tribute, Courtney! loved all the pics - especially touched by the direct look that mannie had when he was snuggled next to Bear! so sweet & his eyes are so beautiful. We're all missing Mannie, Michelle. All of our kitties are special, but he had that something extra that we all enjoyed with you. Glad you are doing "ok" - as much as it's possible. I've been thinking lots about you all.

42. Emily and Baby

Emily and Baby Member

Courtney, that was such an amazing thing to do for Michelle and Mannie and all of LL. It's so beautiful and touching! You are a wonderful person for taking the time to create something so meaningful! Mannie will be missed, that is so very clear.

43. Deborah & Shasta

Deborah & Shasta Well-Known Member

Simply beautiful. Thank you, Courtney, for such a wonderful tribute to such an exquisite cat. You are well loved and much missed, Mannie.

44. jan and Hep and sara (GA)

jan and Hep and sara (GA) Well-Known Member

Very touching Courtney. Thanks so much for doing that for Michelle and her family. Michelle it shows the kind of full life Mannie had. He was the king of nanners, best bud with Nicholas and most of all your boy. Thank you for sharing him and your life with us. I had chills and tears watching this video. I also know that there is much to smile about when it comes to Mannie. He will always keep me smiling.

Fly Free Big Guy. I know you're probably already setting up the next party at the bridge with your all your friends. I'll miss you.

45. Nancy&Pepper (GA)

Nancy&Pepper (GA) Well-Known Member

That was beautiful, Courtney. I am in tears.

46. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Awww, Courtney that was just perfect. What a kind and thoughtful gift you have given to Michelle. And I bet Mannie is watching it too.
    It was wonderful to see Mannie's best little friend Nicholas in the video. Those two were so cute together.

Mannie you will be in our hearts forever. (((Michelle))) ♡ ♡ ♡

47. RichNW & Rex

RichNW & Rex Well-Known Member

Courtney - what a beautiful love story!!!

I can see all the love in Michelle's home! We are all so lucky and I consider it an honor to be a caregiver!

Big hugs and Thank God for FDMB!!!

48. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Lovely tribute Courtney! Thank you.....
    Dear Michelle....and Dear Mannie....we all love you....a million hugs
    :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

49. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

Good morning Everyone :D :coffee:

I have meant to post better than I initially did on this wonderful tribute to Mannie, I have sat down numerous times to do so, and each one I get all teary-eyed once again. I cannot thank Courtney enough for posting this. It is beautiful and so so Mannie. The choice of music was perfect. Thank you a thousands times over Courtney!

Pat - ah thanks... a million hugs, cannot hank you enough for that. What a great tribute it is...
    Rich - as do I: it was an honor to care for Mannie. He made it so easy. I shall forever miss the magic he brought into our home.
    CD - I thought so too. Adding Nicholas was such a wonderful addition. They were the best of friends.
    Nancy - yupp, the tears still flow here...
    Jan - I have no doubt on the partying at the bridge. I hear Stu and Mannie have formed the "Two Cats Kitchen". :D I so agree... Mannie had such love from all here - esp from Nicholas: what a bond! Just thinking about it all makes me smile.
    Deborah - I like that: exquisite - and unique. That he was! It was beautiful, wasn't it?
    Emily - I so agree. It has brought so many smiles to my face.
    Julie - Thanks so much.I am so glad that all enjoyed what Mannie had to offer LL. and THX, we are doing OK. one day at a time.
    Camille - I so agree!
    Georgia - I think Nicholas does too - misses him. i can so relate to the tears of sorrow and joy, all mixed together. It is what I feel when I watch this vid. Wonderful thoughts too. Thanks for everything!
    Cathy - It was my pleasure to share Mannie. He was such fun to care for. The music in the video was wonderful, wasn't it?
    Jane - I so agree!
    Wendy - oh yes on the music - it was perfect. I have watched this so many times, I really do enjoy it. it all says "this is Mannie". loved it.
    Carla - Thank you for all you wrote. We miss him something fierce. The video really did capture Mannie, and the relationship he has/had with all of us. He was such a fun social kitty.
    Roni - Thanks so much. We sure did try, and I hope all our efforts on LL helped some. LL sure has helped me.
    Devon - I know... so did! Tears of sorrow at d=first, now tears of joy, remembering how special he truly was. Courtney did such a great job of capturing Mannie
    Denise - Thank you! This video will be watched over and over by me... it is wonderful.
    Ann - Ah... I LOVE the thought! A BMG concert at the veil. YES! I think it will be so. Thank you for coming up with that name, it so fit Mannie.
    Melanie - Thanks -that was well said - i too agree: the love shines from his eyes, he was special in that regard. Loved his family.
    Courtney - you did wonderfully with this video: it captured all that was Mannie. The music choice said it all. He did say so: it was a wonderful life. It was so him.
    John - Thanks for all. i think so too. The video was the best.
    Marje - Thank you so much for that. I will still be around. It has been such a large part of my life for so long, and I plan on visiting here as often as I can.
    Rhiannon - it is so true. I am so happy that, or him, there are no more pills, or pokes or needles or pain or just feeling lousy. He was such a trooper through it all. now he has sunbeams and an endless supply of nanners. it is all so so Mannie.
    Barb - me too - I loved seeing those photos again. Courtney hoicked such good ones. I cannot thank you enough for alwyas checking in on us.
    Hillary - What fun it all was: the parties and adventures... I hope the Bridge was prepared for the arrive of Mannie. :) Please tell Maui that Mannie is planning his first visit, and he would be honored to wear that 3 foot tall chef's hat.
    Lisa - I loved this video and cannot thanks you for all you wrote. I am so taken back by the amount of support Maine had.
    Caryl - Thank you! I miss him too...
    Ella - thank you so much for what you wrote. That brings tear to my eyes - good ones though. Thank you for all your support over the past few years.
    Liz, and Anne - I thought it was perfect too!
    Deb - What a great thought: there he is, still making brews, still cooking, doing what he loves best, with tons of nanners, and lots of sunbeams. It is comfort to think that in time we will all be together again.
    Linda - lots of tears and smiles her too.
    Josie - It was beautiful, wasn't it? so many memories for me...
    Sienne - thank you so much. so much heartbeat huh, it is getting better, and I do so miss the big guy.
    Lisa - Thanks for the prayers - we are doing OK, things are getting better.
    Angela - I agree - I cannot thank Courtney enough.
    Amy - That he is -a very special angel in heaven. so so true on the forever loved, forever missed. I will never forget....
    Melissa - thanks you for that. I cannot thank Courtney enough either.
    Ann - i so agree - she did capture what is Mannie. the personality, the devotion he had to Nicholas, all of it. It was wodnerful to watch.
    Kat - I think so too!
    Linda - He was just that: a beautiful soul. Just like Bear Man.
    Mary - I so loved what she wrote - about the star, his shinning forever.I think he will....
    Mary - I so agree!
    Barbara - They do, don't they. they say it all.
    Michelle - It si hard... I know, and know you know too. They are free now: happy only. that thought warms my heart.
    Dyana - I cannot thank her enough too.
    Katie - Thank you so much. and for the vines - so appreciated!

Thank you one and all for being there for us when we needed it. Thank you Courtney for remembering Mannie: There will never be enough words....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.