? Acro help/advice needed

Discussion in 'Acromegaly / IAA / Cushings Cats' started by Magda, Apr 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magda

Magda Member

I have been having hard time to regulate my kitty. Diagnosed diabetes in November 2015. Had my kitty to the vet to try to figure out why is he still so high. His IGF-1 is >521 . Luckily no IAA. That explains a lot of things and now that I know what I'm dealing with I can do appropriate changes.
    now I need any tips possible. Feel free to guide me throughout all of this.

If anyone can help or share this fundraiser on their FB or anywhere else please do [link to fundraiser removed by moderator, pending approval from our Admin - Robert and Echo]
    I am in really hard situation and I don't want to loose place to leave or I have nowhere to go with the kitties.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2016
  2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Hi Magda, this is a pretty quiet forum, mostly informational. The majority of the acrokitties hang out in the Lantus and Levemir forums. I see you are thinking of switching him to Levemir - good plan. I don't know where you are getting your insulin now, but some people here get it from an on line Canadian pharmacy, which might save you some $$.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
  3. Magda

Magda Member

Yes this is my plan to get it from Canada. Although I also got a card that supposed to get me $25 per pen. I have to compare prices with shipping cost. And see if this card will work

4. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

We have a lot of kitties with acro. Both Wendy and I have experience with it, and there are many others as well. As Wendy said, this forum is inactive, so people just stay on the Lantus/Lev group. I'm sure we can help you - you aren't alone. :bighug:

I've heard that the card can't be used for cats. Canadian insulin is a fraction of the cost of US insulin. Do you want info on how to get it from there?

This thread has a ton of info that can help you understand acromegaly, if you are interested in that. This is another one. If you want every day help, on adjusting the dose or on the changes you may see in Menda, or on things to watch for, then I'd encourage you to click here to post in the Lantus/Lev group and we'd be glad to help you.

Just let us know how we can help you.

5. Magda

Magda Member

Will be happy to keep posting here but I never get notifications so I forget to check messages (I have like 1000 emails a day so may have missed some)
    Sometimes I tend to respond or read them late. Would prefer help on FB forums to be honest. I guess Im just used to FB more. This is first forum I have ever used.
    I'll try to do better in the future especially that Im learning new things. I hear differently from people regarding the cards. It worked for some. I also got link to Canadian pharmacy I will be ordering from soon. I am waiting for shipment that is coming on Friday with all the supplies and insulin I got from one of the Diabetic support groups. Will hold me over for a little bit.

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

If you go to your Preferences, you can set it to send you email when you get replies to your posts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.