Adams numbers up again

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Adam2020, Oct 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adam2020

Adam2020 Member

I am going to start by saying I haven't felt well the last 2 weeks. I have struggled with a ear infection that is pushing my ear drum forward. It is also giving me Vertigo..I had his numbers down then had a bad few days so I need help again please. Not sure if I should increase again or just wait..He did get into the dog food one day and that's noted.

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I'm sorry you're not feeling well. Vertigo is absolutely no fun!

It would be helpful if you could start getting at least one test during the PM cycle. Many cats experience lower numbers at night and without any PM tests, you're missing half of your data. Those high AMPS numbers may be indicative of Adam being in lower numbers and bouncing into high numbers by shot time -- we just don't know.

To be honest, you need to get at least 4 tests per day -- your AMPS and PMPS plus one test during each cycle. I don't know if anyone directed you to the dosing information for Prozinc. Those days when Adam's numbers dropped below 90 indicated that you needed to lower his dose. How about getting more data so we can give more informed suggestions?

3. Adam2020

Adam2020 Member

Thanks. Yes usually at night it's hectic. I will try to get a test in before his late snack when we go to bed. Chris was helping me with reducing his insulin. He was at 2 units am and 1 3/4 PM so that was crazy. Then we had him on 1 3/4 twice a day and he did better. I also started mini meals instead of just Am and PM and changed his food from Friskies pate to Aldi's Pate and he seemed better. Then the ear infection for me and I couldn't keep up. I also have Meniers Disease so the ear infection kicked all that into high gear and I get clusters of Vertigo with Meniers lol fun times
    So now that I am feeling a little more normal it's time to get Adam back in track although eating dog food didn't help any. He ate it was proud of himself because daddy was supposed to be watching him and wasent then mom caught him and he laid down and was like mom I don't feel too good now. Yes Adam talks to me but don't all animals ?
    Thanks for your help !

4. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Awww Adam:bighug:

I hope today is a better day for both of you!

5. Adam2020

Adam2020 Member

Thanks ! So far no Vertigo so that's good but the meds that stops the Vertigo Meclizine is making me sleepy and my son won't lay down ..figures dosent it ! And he is an adult with Autism. Gonna see if he will watch tv for a bit.

6. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.