Admin help. Human meter coding for new strips

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Emily Tuomey, Aug 30, 2022.

1. Emily Tuomey

Emily Tuomey Member

Good morning y’all. Nico’s numbers seem to be almost 100pts higher yesterday and today, and the increase seems to coincide with us opening a new bottle of test strips (our “usual” was discontinued) and utilizing a new code. Do I continue this new code, in accordance to what is on the label? Or, is there a code(s) specifically for kitties I should reset it to? I’m hating that we are back to the and cannot use what we are used to using :(

2. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Hi there. I have no experience with coding; I am so sorry. I have both a ReliOn Prime and a ReliOn Premier, but no coding was required for the strips.

3. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Unrelated, but just a reminder that dose changes are in increments of 0.25U with his BGs. These lower preshots are suggestive that the dose is too high.

Emily Tuomey and Suzanne & Darcy like this.
  4. Emily Tuomey

Emily Tuomey Member

Do you mean in the past like ~3/4 tests? I kinda want him in the 100s for a bit before reducing. Thoughts??

5. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

The 117 and the 111 preshots at 1.5U.

Remember dose is based on nadir. Depending on which dosing method you use, reductions are either below 50 (Modified ProZinc Method, MPM) or 90 (Start Low Go Slow, SLGS). Your signature is out of date, but I am assuming SLGS because you aren't testing enough to use MPM.

ProZinc nadir is typically anywhere from +4 to +8. I've read a lot of spreadsheets in my time here, and his overall BG/dose data combined those low preshots tell me he was very likely below 90 at nadir and needs a 0.25U reduction.

With SLGS you would also be holding the dose for a week, doing a curve, then deciding whether or not to possibly increase by 0.25U, hold current dose, or possibly reduce.

I know it's difficult to see the higher numbers, but patience/being methodical is key to make sure you don't bypass a good dose and risk hypo.

Emily Tuomey likes this.
  6. Emily Tuomey

Emily Tuomey Member

Updated, plus new numbers. Dosing advice needed. Will start a new thread for that. Please be on the lookout :confused:

7. Logan & Sandy

Logan & Sandy Member

Hopefullly you know how now,,??

Emily Tuomey likes this.