? Advice about buying insulin syringes

Discussion in 'Caninsulin / Vetsulin and N / NPH' started by Amanda and a Loudogg, Jun 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

Good evening everyone!
    I realized today that I need to buy some more syringes. I originally got U-40 29G x 1/2" 0.5 mL fixed needle syringes from the vet. I was looking online and I cannot find my brand (MERCK). I don't think the brand really matters, but I tend to stick with what I know works. While looking, I see there's 20 ml syringes, 10 ml syringes.... and there's 0.5ml and 0.3 mls... I haven't the foggiest what any of that nonsense really means.

So I figured I would throw a post out there and see what your opinions are on syringes. What brands do you all use and where do you get them? Does it really matter what I get as long as they are U-40 (I prefer the 29G for stability) to go with my Vetsulin?

Thanks in advance!
    Amanda

Monica & Josie likes this.
  2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

You want o.3 mL U40 syringes with half unit marks (if you can find them). Many people here order from www.adwdiabetes.com.

3. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

4. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

I agree the.3 ml ones are better because the markings are easier to see because they are spread apart more. (The barrel isn't as thick as the.5 ml ones. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.