Advice: increased 3 days ago, do we need to increase again?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by LokiMo, Sep 9, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LokiMo

LokiMo Member

Spreadsheet is updated. Loki’s numbers were looking better for cycle 1-4 then yesterday he jumped back up and peed on the dog bed again. Please advise. I can monitor better this weekend. Kids just went back to school and I have a lot of work this week so we tried to get at least one BGL per cycle. Thinking we have to go ahead and increase to 1.5u.

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

On the SLGS dosing method, you need to hold the same dose for 7 days, but you might want to re-read the PZ dosing methods and see if you might want to change to the Modified ProZinc Method (MPM) which would allow you to increase every 3-6 cycles instead of holding a dose that's not working for 14 cycles.

You've been testing a month and it looks like you're not having any problems with it, so I think you could go with the more aggressive dosing method.

Read through the PZ dosing methods sticky again and see what you think!

3. LokiMo

LokiMo Member

I have read both. With both people who do all the testing and shots in school and working now that summer is over, I think I am more comfortable with SLGS. I don’t know how to link my prior post about our second curve, but I had asked for advice on his numbers and was told that I held the 1u dose too long and to increase it by .25u and reassess in 6 cycles whether we need to go up another .25u for a total of 1.5u per dose.

4. Sarah&Soph

Sarah&Soph Member

5. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

I'd definitly raise the dose. You can raise in 0.5 increments of the nadir is over 200s. But if that makes your nervous than do 1.5.

6. LokiMo

LokiMo Member

We increased it tonight and at +3 he was still really high. I set up an auto feeder to feed him at +4 and +8 tonight.

JanetNJ likes this.
  7. JanetNJ

Ok.
    You probably will need to increase this weekend. We want to see some blues. Good luck.

8. LokiMo

LokiMo Member

We got our first blue! Crossing my fingers it’s not a fluke.

JanetNJ likes this.
  9. JanetNJ

Whooohoo congrats on your first blue!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.