Advice on numbers

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Lmiller86, Feb 27, 2022.

1. Lmiller86

Lmiller86 Member

2. Lmiller86

Lmiller86 Member

My chart should be attached

3. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

I don't have access, be sure to set it to "anyone with the link can view". If you need step by step, I can find you a link that explains

4. Lmiller86

Lmiller86 Member

5. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Thanks!

Couple.of things:
    You're using the human meter spreadsheet, even though you put AlphaTrak 2. Just want to verify which meter.

What is diet and current feeding schedule?

Please go back down to 1.6U. The 108 you got the other night means you hold the dose.

Are you able to do full curves once a week?

6. Lmiller86

Lmiller86 Member

Using the alpha trak 2! She is on Hills science diet kd due to CKD. Kidney food is so high in carbs, so this has been a big balancing act! She eats wet am and pm with dry for grazing during day. I've realized if she can't graze she drops very quick and rises even quicker (V-like curve). That's what happened the day she hit 108, I only left wet out and she didn't touch it. That's not a consistent nadir at her 1.6 dose. She was on 2.25 u novolin before February and even with food it just dropped her too hard. I curve on the weekends with some spot checks overnight during week. Last nights curve was horrible... She went from Mid 500s to high 400s and back.

7. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

I think she's bouncing from those lower numbers, unfortunately lot of cats do it and dry food kind of exacerbates it. Bounces can last up to 6 cycles, but usually less on ProZinc.

Tagging @Diane Tyler's Mom about CKD food - low carb low phos is out there! I don't think you need to feed the KD

8. Lmiller86

Lmiller86 Member

Thank you! I've taken her to 2 units as her nadirs have only been 300s. Got into the 200s the other day but her 12 hr reads are in the 600s on 2 units! I am so perplexed. Do you think that her nadir would go down if I held a lower dose, like the 1.6? This is all very new to me. Thanks again!

FrostD likes this.
  9. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

It's hard to say. I think she'll bounce no matter what you do. Some cats it just takes a long time to stop, but I think you'll see a big difference with a food change (if you do switch let us know, must be very careful with dose so she doesn't go hypo).

Her spreadsheet reads like that of a cat that doesn't quite like ProZinc, but one thing at a time.

Retagging @Diane Tyler's Mom for the low phos low carb food

Tagging @Bandit's Mom about spreadsheet - Bhooma she has the human one but is using pet meter

Something changed with your SS, I was just looking at it but now can't view. I would not have gone up to 2U from what I was looking at - it looked like she was bouncing (can last up to 3 days) so we usually wait for that to clear before we think about an increase

10. Lmiller86

Lmiller86 Member

I am so sorry, I keep having issues with google storage! This copy should work

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...m0rIP5dEQIyeOjcIOnzjwGEAPcU/edit?usp=drivesdk

11. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Here is a list of foods , I did a search on our forum and found these

Here is a list of some of the food
    As far as the food goes
    For kitties with kidney disease and diabetes

. First number is carb percentage, second is mgs of phosphorus/100 cals, all less than 10% carb and less than 250 mg phos:

Weruva Truluxe Steak Frites can 6% 118
    Weruva Cats in the Kitchen La Isla Bonita can 3% 166
    Weruva Cats in the Kitchen Pates Meowiss Bueller pouch 7% 174
    Weruva Truluxe Glam 'N Punk can 0.6% 180
    Weruva Cats in the Kitchen Fowl Ball can 4% 180
    Weruva Classic Pates Jeopurrdy Licious pouch 4% 187
    Weruva Classic Pates Family Food pouch 0% 191
    Weruva Cats in the Kitchen Pates Cattyshack pouch 9% 211
    BFF PLAY Tuna & Salmon Shhh... pouch 3% 223
    BFF PLAY Tuna & Turkey Totes! pouch 2% 226
    BFF PLAY Tuna & Chicken Chill Out pouch 2% 226
    Weruva Cats in the Kitchen Pates Cat to the Future pouch 8% 235
    Weruva Cats in the Kitchen Pates The Breakfast Cat pouch 9.7% 235
    Weruva Classic Pates Meal of Fortune pouch 8% 236
    Weruva Cats in the Kitchen Lamburgini can 8% 236
    Weruva Cats in the Kitchen Double Dip can 8% 248

YOU WANT CARBS UNDER 10% AND PHOSPHORUS IDEALLY LOW 200's OR LESS

Also go to the Weruva site
    You want the metabolizable energy profile percentage of carbs to be less than 10%, and the phosphorus which Weruva lists in Minerals to be less than 250 mg per 100 cals. So you have to look at two different places in the Weruva charts
    [​IMG]

Lmiller86 likes this.
  12. Diane Tyler's Mom

https://weruva.com
    You can look at all the cat foods here other than the pates,
    When you click on each can of cat food click in
    Detailed Nutrition Information that's in the left hand side
    And it will give you all the information like I posted above

13. Diane Tyler's Mom

Here is a link helping us to help you link. If you noticed, our members have some basic information about their cat's in their signature. This helps us to not pester you by asking the same questions (your cat's name, insulin type, date of diagnosis, etc.) repeatedly. We also have a link to our spreadsheet in our signature. We are very numbers driven. The spreadsheet is a record of your cat's progress. By linking it in your signature, we can follow along and provide feedback should you need the help.

14. Lmiller86

Lmiller86 Member

Thank you!

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.