Advice on spreadsheet

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by HannahLogan312, Sep 20, 2022.

1. HannahLogan312

HannahLogan312 Member

Looking for advice - her numbers were a lot less bouncy and seems around 9/15 she started bouncing a lot and I'm not sure if the dose is too high? Too low? Looking for input, any help is appreciated. @FrostD

2. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Are you able.to get any nighttime tests?

I would go back to 1.5U, that seems to be a pretty good dose most of the time.

3. HannahLogan312

HannahLogan312 Member

I can try and get a test at night around +3 or +4 maybe. And okay - I will increase back to the 1.5.

FrostD likes this.
  4. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

I agree... Try 1.5 longer. He didn't go low enough to earn a reduction. If anything you may need to bump it to 1.75 soon.

5. HannahLogan312

HannahLogan312 Member

Okay I will hold 1.5 u for longer

6. HannahLogan312

HannahLogan312 Member

A bit confused - so during her AM cycle her lowest point of the day seems to be at the very end of her cycle. I don’t feed her after generally hour 5. Then I shoot the same dose for the PM cycle and her number in the morning times is super high - again I don’t feed her after hour 4 or 5. Recently I had been having even more trouble than usual trying to get her to eat wet food and had been feeding more of the dr elseys chicken which was definitely making her numbers higher but I still am having trouble understanding why after the PM cycle her numbers are so much higher. Yesterday I received my order of young again zero mature and will be making the switch to that. Any advice is appreciated, thanks

7. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

What you are seeing is bounces. We don't know how low she's going overnight, but it appears to be low enough to cause a bounce resulting in those high AM numbers. Those nighttime tests will tell us more.

For some cats, when they break a bounce it's a later nadir. So that piece explains why you see later nadirs on the days she starts high

8. HannahLogan312

HannahLogan312 Member

Okay that’s what I figured - would it be advisable for me to try and do a curve or something tonight? And should I continue with the dose of 1.5 tonight?

9. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Yes hold this dose just until we can see how low he's going at night.

I wouldn't do a full curve. I would just get a test in around +5 for the next 3-4 nights.

10. HannahLogan312

HannahLogan312 Member

Okay will do thank you.

FrostD likes this.