Advice, please?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jill & Jade, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Jill & Jade

Jill & Jade Well-Known Member

Hi all!! Jill and Jade here. Been awhile as Jade has been in remission for quite some time. I still watch so many of you, regularly as this site helped me tremendously.
    I have a situation that I need some advice about... my civvie passed last January and Jade seemed pretty sad. So, in February I took her to my boyfriends home and she and I have been there ever since. I still have my home as well where Jade, Dexter and I were for the past 11 years.
    Jade LOVES being where she is. She has a balcony and floor to ceiling windows. She has cat condos and window seats and is happier than ever.
    Last weekend, my guy and I broke up. This coming Sunday, I’m bringing her back to my home and am PETRIFIED that she’s going to be upset/ confused/ stressed/ depressed and come out of remission.
    I’m bringing all her cat furniture, toys etc with us. My (now ex) is coming with us as well so she feels familiarity. She does NOT travel well but it’s only about a 15 minute drive. I ordered the spray that’s supposed to calm her and will be putting her in a carrier that is different from the one I use for vet visits.
    Could stress cause her to lose her remission status? Is there anything I can do for her other than what I’ve mentioned? I am so very worried that she’s going to miss the things that she’s gotten used to over the last year. It’s never been just her and I and I don’t want her to be lonely or stressed. :nailbiting:
    Any advice is greatly appreciated!!
    Jill

Sonia & Leo and LilTurkey like this.
  2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Sorry things didn't work out with BF. Stress can bring temporary high numbers, but should go away on it’s own. Feliway spray in the carrier and Feliway diffusers at the old home can help. You can also try Rescue Remedy for Pets. I did a couple drops on a treat 1/2 hour before we travelled. Maybe some new toys or cat post to help keep her distracted?

LilTurkey and Jill & Jade like this.
  3. Jill & Scooter

Jill & Scooter Well-Known Member

I don’t think the stress will throw Jade our of remission. Especially since it’s a short trip and she’s going to a familiar place.
    When I know one of my kitties is going to go somewhere. I bring the carrier in, put a towel in it and leave it in the floor with the door open. They play in it (it’s just a fun box when it’s at home), nap in it and get there scent in it. Then when we go, the carrier is familiar. You could also put a t-shirt or something you have worn in it, so it smells like you.

LilTurkey and Jill & Jade like this.
  4. Jill & Jade

Thank you! BF’s will come and go, but Jade is where my heart is. I will look into the Rescue Remedy. I still have many of her things at my place from before. I tried to get rid of Dexters stuff immediately after he died. I’m still a mess over that loss. My hope is that she will be excited to be here. I hate to think of her any other way.
    I see that you’ve become a Moderator! That’s great!! Sad about Jill. That seemed to take everyone by surprise. You helped a lot with Jade when she was diagnosed. Forever grateful.:bighug:

Sonia & Leo, LilTurkey and Wendy&Neko like this.
  5. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Have something with her and your scent on it to leave on couch or chair.

Jill & Jade likes this.
  6. Jill & Jade

Thank you! I have a huge carrier that I brought her to his place in last February. It’s been in storage and we took it out yesterday and set it up. She ran right inside and has been playing in it. So when Sunday rolls around, hopefully she won’t freak out too much. I think she equates the small carrier with vet visits. She has a box that she LOVES and we will put that in the carrier as well. It’s big enough for a large dog.
    I Appreciate the feedback!!

7. Jill & Jade

Good thinking!! Will do! Thanks!! Also, I’m off on Sunday and Monday. I won’t leave her alone until I go to work on Tuesday afternoon. She hasn’t been alone much, ever. So, I’m a bit nervous about that as well.

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  8. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Sorry things didn't work out.
    Can you get a cat window seat for Jade? I have one and it's a favourite.
    Also any chance of getting an outdoor cat enclosure? Doesn't have to be big.

Jill & Jade likes this.
  9. Jill & Jade

Thank for the response!She has a great window perch that she loved when she was here. It’s freshly washed and ready for her. I live in Chicago so the outdoor cat enclosure could be tricky. My ex’s place was high up and the view from the balcony was heaven for her. Fireflies and birds and bugs, oh my! I guess it’s a blessing that it’s not summertime when this is happening. She really loved her summer evenings there, as did I.

10. Jill & Jade

11. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Are you able to leave a window open at all...if it has safety gauge on it. Cats love to hear and smell the outdoors.
    Mine can go out year round but also love to sit at a door or window if it is open.......we have gauze doors and windows though on everything being Australia.

Jill & Jade likes this.
  12. Jill & Jade

Absolutely! I always have the windows open ( weather permitting) She loves the sunshine.

Bron and Sheba (GA) likes this.
  13. Jill & Jade

Just ordered the Rescue Remedy drops!

14. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Jade looks great in the sunshine. By the way, there is also Rescue Remedy for humans. ;) You can buy it in vitamin shops.

15. Jill & Jade

Good to know!! I need it!! ;) I think they sell that on Amazon as well as the cat drops. Perhaps I’ll adjust my order. I’m trying very hard to keep a positive attitude around her altho she must know that I’m sad and stressed. Cats are so perceptive. I feel guilty leaving her at his place when I’m at mine, but don’t want to bring her back here until I have a few days off to spend with her.

16. Bron and Sheba (GA)

It sounds as if your ex BF has Jade's best interests at heart which is a huge plus.

Jill & Jade likes this.
  17. Jill & Jade

He’s incredibly fond of her. I worry about her missing him. I know she knows that I’m her person, but she sure has wrapped him around her paw. It’s super sweet.