Alice 11/8 - AMPS/PMPS pink, calming collar recommendations?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by AliceMeowliss (GA), Nov 8, 2019.

1. AliceMeowliss (GA)

AliceMeowliss (GA) Well-Known Member

I will add today’s numbers to SS later and add the previous post link later but for now....

I will be driving somewhere to look at a new place I may be moving to, and traveling with Alice by car later this month. Does anyone have a recommendation for a specific calming collar or are they all the same? She currently doesn’t wear a harness or a collar or anything. I was looking at getting her a larger travel carrier thing to ride in.

2. Crista & Ming

Crista & Ming Well-Known Member

Oops, Cassandra. I didn't see your new post. Here's yesterday's: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/alice-11-7-amps-304-4-5-210-raw-food.221413/

And my response so you can respond here:

There's beef too but I heard that's a common allergen. Venison, kangaroo, bison, wild boar. I wouldn't feed raw fish though (high in thiamine and parasites).

Check out https://hare-today.com/ They have more proteins than what I listed. I've never used it myself since it's US service but it looks awesome.

I was also looking at this site that details how to do an elimination diet: https://medium.com/@kalcevka/how-to-do-a-food-allergy-elimination-diet-for-your-cat-589c6385145e

AliceMeowliss (GA) likes this.
  3. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Have you had her in the car for other short trips? If so, how does she handle it?

I was really worked up about Luci's first big trip - we flew - and bought her a 'Thunder wrap', calming treats and collars..ended up not needing any of it...

Recently @Chris & China (GA) talked about how she'd take China on short car rides to acclimate her...and she soon grew to love being in the car...

So, the question is...how does she do on short trips - NOT to the vet...just somewhere to ride...???

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I have seen people use the Feliway collars or a Thunder shirt. When Neko travelled I sprayed or wiped the inside of her carrier with Feliway, and she got Rescue Remedy for Pets too. For the times we had to fly, I used a Kitty Holster, a full body harness that seemed to relax her like a Thunder shirt would. Very easy to put on and take off. Neko hadn't worn a harness before that, though she was used to a collar.

Adding to the raw food discussion of yesterday, there is also turkey and duck. I am surprised to hear rabbit is on the suspect list. Chicken, beef and fish are more common allergens.

5. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

6. AliceMeowliss (GA)

AliceMeowliss (GA) Well-Known Member

@Sue and Luci thanks! Yes we need to try a few short trips. She doesn't like the movement of the car. I’m hoping giving her a different type of space besides her regular carrier will help.

@Wendy&Neko I admit rabbit is not on the suspect list, but rabbit is the one of the two species of furbaby in this house and so.... I think I’d cry every time I fed them.

@Crista & Ming I heard there was some sort of parasite or illness of some sort going around wild deer recently so I wondered if that would be safe or hard to find. A shame there’s no kangaroo here to try. Bison though! That might be easier to find here. Chicken and fish are cheapest and all the rest of this is so costly though! Arg!

Thank you all for the links and suggestions. I think I will try the feliway spray then, rather than a collar.

New post for today will be set up later.... she’s running so high still. :(

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  7. Crista & Ming

Crista & Ming Well-Known Member

From my understanding, venison and other game meats need to be frozen for a few weeks to kill said parasites. That's usually if it's freshly hunted so if you buy from a supplier, I believe it should be safe. Doesn't hurt to freeze it for a few weeks though if you're worried.