Alice 8/13 AMPS 71 +4.6 49 +6 66 +10 187 / PMPS 219 +5 137

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by AliceMeowliss (GA), Aug 13, 2019.

1. AliceMeowliss (GA)

AliceMeowliss (GA) Well-Known Member

Last condo 8/11

AMPS was 71, she’s purring and happy, wondering what action she is going to try and start giving me.

I wish you many sunbeams today, sugar sweet cats. <3

2. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Beautiful start!

AliceMeowliss (GA) likes this.
  3. Figaro's Liz

Figaro's Liz Member

Wow! Go Alice, surf safely today!

4. Armish & Roo

Armish & Roo Member

Nice Alice, surf safely today young lady! :cool::D

5. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Beautiful purry Alice in green! :D Have a great day!

6. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Great start Alice.

7. AliceMeowliss (GA)

+4.66 was 49!!! But she needed more food. I kind of expected this. I reduced her from this dose off of a high 40s number when she needed another snack really, last time we were at 1.75, so I don’t feel like this 49 means she should go back to 1.5 yet..... I wish there was an easier way for me to measure by tenths of a unit or something. Maybe I will decrease to a fat 1.5 again? Hmm.

Honestly she is surfing pretty beautifully. I fed her some decent amount of LC so she should be comfy and I will re-test a little later...! :)

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  8. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Alice keeps surfing safely for you.

9. AliceMeowliss (GA)

I did mean to test a little earlier and was distracted. But fairly confident on her ability to surf today.
    So +6.25 was 66! Yay! Gave more LC. Green surfing day lalalala nice! :D

10. AliceMeowliss (GA)

Can I modify my TR protocol to not take reductions below 50 and change it to say, not reducing until 45 or below? She has been diabetic for 10-11 months now and was extremely unregulated for the first half of that. I don’t expect currently for her to go OTJ before she becomes “long-term diabetic” anyway, given that that is about 1.5 months away.

Thing I have been thinking about.

Crista & Ming likes this.
  11. Jerry dutchboy

Jerry dutchboy Well-Known Member

Wow, look at little Miss Alice, all pretty in green. Awesome how far this little peanut has come. Well done Cassandra, be proud of your achievements.:bighug::bighug:

12. CandyH & Catcat

CandyH & Catcat Well-Known Member

had to drag Catcat out of the lime green -- told him no fair deep diving when I'm not 100% brain-awake

you've done wonders with Alice

13. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I think you are okay to do that since you are so close to a year and test as much as you do. You could also try 3 drops below 50 before you reduce. Some people do that if their cat doesn't hold reductions very well.

14. AliceMeowliss (GA)

I figured 45 splits the difference, and I know her well enough now that I know she just needed some more LC food. I just don’t feel like 49 once merits a reduction when the 1.5 was clearly not suiting her for quite awhile already. I’d say three times between 45-50 or below 45 once would merit a reduction though. :)

15. AliceMeowliss (GA)

Naughty Catcat!

Hope he is surfing better now. I need to catch up on messages and posts but I’m sleepy. Have a safe no diving night, Candy!

16. CandyH & Catcat

I hope so, I reduced the dose but was sleepy so it might have been skinnier than that, have been chasing bubbles in the syringes for awhile

put down a half frozen chicken thigh for him to nibble on, I can see he's working on it now -- and will dump out the rest of that PawsandClaws food that's probably MC -- hoping for a decent test in the morning so we can get out of the acrobatic trampoline mode

17. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

What a long way Alice has come!
    You’ve done an amazing job with her Cassandra

18. AliceMeowliss (GA)

Thank you. :)
    What do you do to get rid of the bubbles? I always overdraw the dose amount, flick the syringe hard while the needle is pointed upwards, then draw the plunger back more so there is just air in the top of it, all the bubbles become one big bubble, then I squirt out the excess.
    Sleepiness makes diabetic cat care so hard! Arg!

19. CandyH & Catcat

I flick it, always do draw more insulin than the prescribed dose, flick it again, see if I can get air to come out of syringe, flick it again (so often these stick to side of barrel or to the plunger), if that doesn't work, I draw air in and try to consolidate the bubbles, doesn't always work, so I keep flicking and watching and rotating, finally if there is STILL a persistent bubble, I'll choose to shoot a squeesh higher plunger level, about what seems to be the volume of the bubble, usually it's less than a droplet

I tell myself there would naturally be a slight variation in insulin anyway, and it's a depot insulin so Catcat's body will reabsorb more or less what he needs, what I'm shooting at that moment won't be what goes into his bloodstream immediately

drat -- missed the recycle pickup -- just heard the truck brakes squealing -- so these recyclables will sit here another couple of weeks, no big problem, the container is way more than we ever use .. standard garbage pickup is later, I need to add a few things to that

20. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

I've learned over time to not fret over a tiny bubble. It all works out fine !

I agree with everyone, Alice is doing so much better! Keep up the good work :)
    upload_2019-8-14_12-3-13.jpeg

21. AliceMeowliss (GA)

@CandyH and Catcat , darn, my recycling is full now because I missed the pickup two weeks ago!! It’s frustrating when it is not weekly pickup and we forget! My trash comes super early AM so if I don’t get it out the night before I am SOL. :p

I saw someone somewhere asking about being able to recycle the little caps to the syringes, etc. I need to think about this....

22. CandyH & Catcat

depends on what recycling projects there are in the vicinity -- here the garbage company also gives us a bin for recycle and we can opt to set out glass too -- of course we pay for it all -- garbage weekly, recycle (only aluminum cans, plastic containers with small mouths, bimetal cans, newspaper, and cardboard) every other week, glass once a month

optionally we can skip the pickup and take it to the "transfer station" 15 or 25 miles away -- at this point there's no loose paper recycling for residential customers

recycling the syringe caps? I'd check with local jewelry and beading crafts people

23. AliceMeowliss (GA)

I am (or used to be) the local jewelry and beading crafts person, and I wouldn’t use the caps for anything!
    Your recycling sounds more complex. Lol. We just put everything, paper glass cardboard plastics 1-7 etc into one bin, picked up by a truck with a robot arm, every 2 weeks.....
    We are so off-topic right now! lol.