Alpha Trak Strips $$$

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by KrisQ, Sep 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KrisQ

KrisQ Member

Kallie was OTJ for about nine months, and in returning, noted that the cost of Alpha Trak strips are still outrageous - you could buy a good bottle of single malt Scotch for the price. Ack!

Has anyone or any organization contacted Abbott Labs about this? They clearly know that they've got us over a barrel, so I assume that we're just hosed. I've used FreeStyle Lite strips which read pretty darn close to AT2 strips, but still...

Thank you for coming to my TedTalk :cool:

2. (GA) Gypsy's Parent

(GA) Gypsy's Parent Member

LOL! Surely you've read about the huge increases in cost of insulin. Big pharm in the US has us over a barrel and..... well..... I let's not talk politics.

If you have have no problem getting a big blood blob from Kallie, the Walmart ReliOn Prime is $9 and 50 test strips are $9. And if you live near a Walmart, you don't have to worry about stocking up. The AT requires 0.3 uL and the Prime requires 0.5 uL, so it's not that much more. There have been posts about meters and there are some that are in between.

KrisQ likes this.
  3. KrisQ

KrisQ Member

Oh yes, insulin prices are even more ridiculous.
    And I like the Alpha Trak, I've not had any issues in getting blood, just wondering outloud...

4. CandyH & Catcat

CandyH & Catcat Well-Known Member

primary target is vets -- and vets will pay (they don't use nearly the volume of strips that the end users do), then vets will suggest the units to their clients; it's the old "razor blade story" all over again, the basic unit is not that expensive, but the supplies ........

KrisQ likes this.
  5. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

I've written them. No reply. I use freestyle insulinx strips in the alpha

jayla-n-Drevon and KrisQ like this.
  6. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Hey Janet Do they have an e mail, if not can you give me their address I would also like to contact them about their outrageous prices on the alpha team test strips thanks

7. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

8. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.