Amps 11. 0

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Linda74, Feb 13, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Linda74

Linda74 New Member

Morning folks. Jax is on caninsulin and due his. 05 shot in 45 mins (6.30am UK). Just tested his amps using alphatrak and it's 11.0, shot or no shot? His nadir is around +6 and normally drops around 5-6 points?

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Usually, if he's over 11.1 and you have plenty of supplies (high carb food, corn syrup, honey, pancake syrup, plenty of test strips) it's OK to go ahead and shoot, but you also have to be willing to test several times until you're sure he's not going to drop too low while you sleep.

You could stall for 20-30 minutes and re-test and see if the numbers are trending up without the influence of food. Since Caninsulin usually wears off before 12 hours, I suspect once his numbers start to rise, they'll rise quickly.

I can't stay up and watch for updates tonight though so I'm not going to tell you to definitely shoot.

Have you not started a spreadsheet?

Critter Mom likes this.
  3. Linda74

Linda74 New Member

He's already eating, we have shot at 11.2, before but not any lower. was planning on doing a curve before a vet visit on Wednesday, so I could do it today? Shame though, it's our 10th wedding anniversary and was looking forward to going out for a couple of hrs to celebrate, but hey hi! . Yes I have a spreadsheet but it's not in the fdmb format

4. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

You may still be able to go out....just have to see where his numbers go!

Happy 10th anniversary!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.