? AMPS : 20.4 | +6 : 17.1 | PMPS : 15.4 *confused*

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Canadian_Catty_Mama, Oct 4, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Canadian_Catty_Mama

Canadian_Catty_Mama New Member

This is a trend I have not seen before.

Rogue's amps today (6am) was 20.4.
    At +6 (noon-ish), down to 17.1 - reasonable for sure.
    pmps (6pm) had dropped to 15.4 - here is where I'm confused.

We are currently dosing Lantus 0.375u bid; and she is eating 2 tins of FF pate per day, divided up in 8 portions of 1/4 tin every 3 hours.

Spreadsheet in signature.

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

15.4 (277) is a perfectly safe number to shoot. Remember, you're also going to be feeding which is going to bring the BG up too. You can get a +1 and +2 so IF you need to intervene, you can do it early.

I'm really having a lot of trouble figuring out your spreadsheet though. Your AM and PM's aren't where we expect them and neither are the corresponding hours after the shots.

The version we use for our "World" members also converts the numbers automatically for those of us in the US who aren't used to mmol/L numbers and have to multiply them by 18 each time so we know what they mean.

3. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I can’t follow the SS either. It doesn’t look like one of ours.
    Maybe @Bandit's Mom could have a look at it for us?

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  4. Lisa and Witn (GA)

Lisa and Witn (GA) Well-Known Member

This is something I have seen in several of my cats using Lantus or Semglee. Usually Nadir (lowest reading) occurs mid cycle. But every few days it seems to occur at the next preshot time. Charlie did it last night. He was 77 and at +2 was 97.

As long as it is a safe number you can give insulin If too low, then feed and test again later to see if is safe to shoot.

5. Canadian_Catty_Mama

You are correct - it is not your SS, it's one I found elsewhere and edited to be of the most use to me and my vet when I adopted Rocco.
    I forgot to move the hours after shot when I made Rogue's though (as I am now working f/t, I had to adjust the shot times and the SS again ) - I will fix that today.

6. Canadian_Catty_Mama

I wasn't asking if it was safe to shoot ;) I knew that that number was fine, but thank you - just confused to see it lower at PMPS than at mid-cycle.
    2 diabetic cats, it's the first time I've seen that.

7. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Nadirs can be late in the cycle (even as late as at the end of the cycle) when clearing a bounce.

Link to our spreadsheet. I can set it up for you, if you'd like.
    How to Create a Spreadsheet

If you post in the Lantus / Basaglar (glargine) and Levemir (detemir) forum, you're likely to get faster responses.

8. Canadian_Catty_Mama

I already keep an Excel sheet, and the Google Sheet linked in my signature.
    I honestly am not likely to maintain a third spreadsheet with the same information on it.
    Thank you for the offer, I appreciate it.

9. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

My girl often nadired at preshot time, you get used to it. Also, if cats are breaking a bounce, their nadirs tend to be later.

Here's a link to your post from yesterday, in case people want some background on your kitties: https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/new-member-from-fb-2-sugar-catties-canadian.253842/

Without seeing dosing and other information on your spreadsheet where we are used to it, it'll be a lot more work for us to give you specific suggestions. After years of looking at spreadsheets a certain way, we've learned to identify patterns that help us figure out what to suggest.

SashaV likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.