amps 388+4 145+5 91+6 97 +7 113

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Nancyco*, May 6, 2024.

1. Nancyco*

Nancyco* Member

5/05 Bailie Amps 85+1 57+2 73 +3 84 +4 95 +5 122 @Bandit's Mom Bsilie is still bouncing . Hasn’t had a poop yet .

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  2. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

Yes, a combination of a bounce and the lower doses for 2 cycles. It's good you went back up to 4U. That was a good dose of him. Let him earn a reduction before reducing.

No poop is good news! Continue with the same dosing of S. Boulardii today (1/4th capsule every 4 hours) and we can reduce that from tomorrow if no diarrhea today.

How are his appetite and spirits?

Nancyco* likes this.
  3. Nancyco*

Nancyco* Member

Thanks so much Bhooma . Yup still no poop I sure hope that’s a good sign . It so funny ,either I’m praying for poop or hoping he doesn’t lol you can never win haha .Hes eating well now back to normal and spirits are good . He’s still up At 4:45 pawing me in the face to get up and give him his food lol . I wouldn’t have it any other way :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Bella & Puddin and Bandit's Mom like this.
  4. Bandit's Mom

Totally! It's so stressful when they're unwell. Paws crossed that keeping him on S. Boulardii will help with the poops.

So he's back to eating YAZ?

Nancyco* likes this.
  5. Nancyco*

Nancyco* Member

Can’t thank you enough for helping me with all this !!:joyful: Yes he’s back to eating YAZ no choice it’s either that or High carb and we can’t do that. But thankfully he’s eating it . I was scared for a while there thinking he wouldn’t eat it again .

Staci & Ivy and Bandit's Mom like this.
  6. Staci & Ivy

Staci & Ivy Well-Known Member

Wishing you well, Nancy. I hope Bailie is feeling better very soon. :bighug::cat::bighug:

Nancyco* likes this.
  7. Nancyco*

Nancyco* Member

Thank you so much :bighug::bighug:

Staci & Ivy likes this.
  8. Nancyco*

Nancyco* Member

Hi Bhooma he’s down to 145 at +4 when should I test next ? I have a dentist appointment in 2 hours .i hope he’s not going too low that I will be scared to leave .

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  9. Bandit's Mom

Since you have to leave please give him a little Farmina (only) to slow him down, so that he doesn't drop very low just when you have to leave? Please get a test before you leave. Or even half an hour before you leave so that you can feed him again before you leave?

This is looking like a repeat of the cycle of 5/4. He tends to keep dropping till the end of the cycle when clearing a bounce. Feeding some carbs now will help slow him down.

Nancyco* likes this.
  10. Nancyco*

Nancyco* Member

Ok done ,thanks again Bhooma you rock :cat::cat::cat::cat:

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  11. Bandit's Mom

I see he dropped to 91 at +5? Was this before or after the Farmina? Did he eat the Farmina? Food takes 20-30 mins to affect the numbers.

In how much time do you have to leave?

Nancyco* likes this.
  12. Nancyco*

Nancyco* Member

That number was before the Farmina food. I am not going. I can’t take the risk. I phoned and canceled. I’m going to test again now

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  13. Nancyco*

Nancyco* Member

he is 97 now

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  14. Bandit's Mom

OK. The Farmina has slowed him down. Are you sure you don't want to go for your appointment?

Nancyco* likes this.
  15. Nancyco*

Nancyco* Member

Ya it ok I’ve already cancelled it . I’d be too worried. Thanks Bhooma :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  16. Bandit's Mom

I understand. Our sugarbrats have a knack of dropping on days when we have plans!

Don't feed any more Farmina unless he drops much lower. We want him to spend as much time in greens as possible. Just feed YAZ to keep him surfing green.

Nancyco* likes this.
  17. Nancyco*

Nancyco* Member

Bailie is breaking my heart he can barely walk and now he’s even falling sometimes because he’s so unsteady on his back legs . I hope I’m not torturing him . It’s so upsetting but he great in every other way . He has arthritis as well so that’s making things worse . I just can’t let him go when he’s so good in every other way .

18. Bandit's Mom

Nancy, :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Look at how great his numbers are now. That's what he needs for the neuropathy to resolve. Don't lose heart now when you've come this far. There's no need to even think of letting him go.

Don't feed him any more this cycle. He is headed up now.

Nancyco* likes this.
  19. Nancyco*

Nancyco* Member

Ok I hope you r right I just hope he’s not suffering . I love him so much .

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  20. Nancyco*

Nancyco* Member

Can the SB cause constipation?

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  21. Bandit's Mom

No. Usually when diarrhea resolves (especially the kind where they go more than once a day), it might take a day or two for there to be enough "build-up" for poop. I wouldn't worry.

Nancyco* likes this.
  22. Nancyco*

Nancyco* Member

Thanks , that makes total sense. So I’m taking him to the vet. Just for a little check up you don’t think I have to test him anymore. Do you? I mean this afternoon.

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  23. Bandit's Mom

No. You don't need to test him. Good luck at the vet's!

Nancyco* likes this.
  24. Nancyco*

Nancyco* Member

The vets went well she says he looks good and says I’m doing a good job with the diabetes. . Thanks again :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Last edited: May 6, 2024
    Bandit's Mom and Staci & Ivy like this.