Another food question, sorry

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by PeterDevonMocha, Apr 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Sorry guys about all these food questions .. but as some of you know we had to switch mocha over from special kitty turkey and giblets to friskies turkey and giblets a few weeks back .. Well, the friskies turkey and giblets is making her numbers run a little higher then usual (80's vs 60's) so we went back and found the friskies special diet turkey and giblets .. This can specifically says to help urinary tract issues .. is this the right can? The only other diet friskies turkey and giblets we found was in gravy and I know we don't want that, but then we re read the friskies turkey and giblet and special diet turkey and giblets cans and they both contain brewers rice .. the special kitty turkey and giblets did not .. Is this what could be causing her numbers to go up? Ugh .. dumb wal mart .. why did you have to betray us so!!!

2. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Don't be sorry for asking fuds questions....that's just silly!!!

I do think it's the "special diet" Friskies T&G that you want.

As for "betrayal"....well, I think just the name "WalMart" says it all :roll: . I'm sorry you've lost your good food source for Mocha, but hopefully the switch will work and her numbers will settle back down.

3. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Thanks Amy, I feel like by now I should have a grip on food carb % but yet it still baffles my mind! Good to know we picked out the right special diet food .. Now fingers crossed her numbers drop a little .. or go no higher!

And I totally agree with you about wal mart but we don't have a lot of shopping choices around here .. Just wish they had not taken away her fuddies :sad:

4. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Of course the whole ECID thing comes in to play, too, so the carb game is never cut-n-dried for anyone...

I hope Mocha likes the new fuds!

5. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

Hi Devon:

On Dr. Lisa's chart, the regular Friskies T&G is 8% carbs, but the Special Diet T&G is 5%. Perhaps that will make a difference for you. My kitties love the SDT&G, thank goodness, since I have one FD and one early stage CKD kitty. Sorry about Wal-mart, but it doesn't surprise me. As soon as I find something I like, it always disappears from the market.

Have a great day!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.