Anyone have Prozimc to spare in the I dian River County Florida area? Broke vile this

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by DebbieQ, Aug 1, 2021.

1. DebbieQ

DebbieQ New Member

Hello there!

Is there anyone who lives in this vicinity that happens to have some Prozinc insulin? My husband broke the bottle of ProZinc insulin this morning so cat hasn’t had his morning insulin. Of course it’s a Sunday and my vet doesn’t have an emergency line and just says to call the emergency vets which we did, but they will only give us more of his insulin if we bring him in. Last week he did a glucose curve at the vets all day and he was so scared and stressed that he groomed his foot bloody. I really don’t want to have to take him in and put him through unneeded
    stress. He just went up taking 2ml twice a day. He started that dosage this past Wed. Before he was on 1ml twice a day. We don’t home test as our vet told us that it’s not usually accurate etc. But thinking his numbers at the bet aren’t accurate either cause of his stresslevels. Trying to figure out if it’s ok to wait untilMonday when our vet’s office opens or do we reallyneed to take him in to a new place to get an exam in order to get new insulin now? If we wait until Mondaythat means he will miss 3 doses which was this mornings dose and he will also miss tonight’s andtomorrow mornings so 3 doses will be missed!Obviously if a emergency or thought he wasn’t doing well, we wouldn’t hesitate to bring him in, but if notnecessary because of his stress level. Just thought I’d ask just in case there happens to be someone in my area that might have some to spare for now? Or if this has happened before to anyone else and can shed somelight in the situation. Thanks so much for taking thetime read and/or share advice. Debbie